Homebrew 3DS Cracktros - Would they ever be a thing?

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So most of you may know that back in the early gaming days such as the Amiga, leading up to the PSX scene, most of the games cracked and pirated had something what is known as a 'cracktro' before the game starts. The intros would mostly slap the piracy group on the tin. To give 'credit' of who cracked it.

Do you guys think that it would be possible to make a 3DS crack intro, that would injected into CIAs before you install them?

It happened with the DS:
9695f58ba6d74dad8252c31a3209e463.png

Reactions: Deleted User

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So most of you may know that back in the early gaming days such as the Amiga, leading up to the PSX scene, most of the games cracked and pirated had something what is known as a 'cracktro' before the game starts. The intros would mostly slap the piracy group on the tin. To give 'credit' of who cracked it.

Do you guys think that it would be possible to make a 3DS crack intro, that would injected into CIAs before you install them?

It happened with the DS:
I doubt it. You can't inject a crack before installing and thier is no need to crack 3ds games as everyone works as a .cia with no piracy checks as it is thought to be downloaded from the eshop.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Scene groups could definitely do this, but I have to agree that it makes a dump dirty. They could do something like what PC groups do and release a standalone intro as a 3dsx. That way anyone that cares can check it out and everyone else gets a clean dump.

Reactions: EpicMedz

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Scene groups could definitely do this, but I have to agree that it makes a dump dirty. They could do something like what PC groups do and release a standalone intro as a 3dsx. That way anyone that cares can check it out and everyone else gets a clean dump.

Too bad you can get arrested for putting your scene name out though since the cops can literally track you down.

Last edited by Lukein3D,
D

Deleted User

No. No Cracktros.

Simple little skip-able jingles are fine, what I hate are jingles that are crude and waste 30 seconds of your life because you can't skip them. Ugh.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I do think it would be cool to replace that boring 3ds booting screen with something more interesting.

Actually, I do believe that's possible, in a limited sense (Homebrew Launcher, CTGP-7 Launcher), though I have yet to look into how it's done.

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I do think it would be cool to replace that boring 3ds booting screen with something more interesting.
See thats what it would replace. With the PS1 some crack groups would replace the PS1 logo with theirs, as shown:
98b197d039bf457fb4638fee7b5d751a.png

welcome to 2016.

im sure 95% of people would want them to be removed. if we ever got them again.
They actually used to be quite popular back in the day since people found them fascinating. It wasn't until the DS scene people started bashing on them.

D

Deleted User

No. No Cracktros.

Simple little skip-able jingles are fine, what I hate are jingles that are crude and waste 30 seconds of your life because you can't skip them. Ugh.

Actually, I do believe that's possible, in a limited sense (Homebrew Launcher, CTGP-7 Launcher), though I have yet to look into how it's done.
like that one from a certain yoshis island dump for GBA?

Reactions: astrangeone

Wack0

Trophies
XP
Country

It happened with the DS:
9695f58ba6d74dad8252c31a3209e463.png

That screenshot is of a trainer menu. Which, by the way, already exist on the 3DS, you're just not looking hard enough.

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That screenshot is of a trainer menu. Which, by the way, already exist on the 3DS, you're just not looking hard enough.
It IS an intro, a majority of intros have trainers built in, before you start the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"