Homebrew 3DS Cracktros - Would they ever be a thing?

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
why would it matter?

thats the thing people just dont want to wait 2 seconds in this day and age.

forums are great and maybe one of the best things internet has to offer but it is not popular as the some social networks cause people want it quick and now.

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Cracktros are so terrible. IIRC there was one for some Mario GBA game that had huge insulting text, was unskippable, and played for about 15 seconds. It might've had loud music playing too but I came across it about 6 years ago.

Are you on about the same one for Jackie Chan?
8e9d65b95f274f8d937098a4000bef6c.png

The top line reads 'Mode 7', it takes up half the screen.

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you absolutely wanted to, you can edit the files in the Exefs partition of the .cxi, but these are limited in the sence that there's no interactivity, audio, and it is limited to a few seconds. The only time I've ever seen this used is when yellows8 made Homebrew Launcher Loader as a CIA. He replaced the red 3ds effect with two texts on each screen spelling "Homebrew." Included is not my picture but is what could be replaced with a "cracktro."

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    14.6 KB · Views: 217

Lukein3D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That! With the monkey. Sure, it was cute, but it doesn't endear me to the team that put out the cracked game....seriously...
ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ʙᴀɴᴀɴᴀ ɪɴ
ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ,
ᴏʀ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ
ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴜs?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you absolutely wanted to, you can edit the files in the Exefs partition of the .cxi, but these are limited in the sence that there's no interactivity, audio, and it is limited to a few seconds. The only time I've ever seen this used is when yellows8 made Homebrew Launcher Loader as a CIA. He replaced the red 3ds effect with two texts on each screen spelling "Homebrew." Included is not my picture but is what could be replaced with a "cracktro."
Looks like the closest thing we have so far, we'll just have to wait and see, and maybe yellows8 could release something that let us modify 'Homebrew' to a different image.

Conn0r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ɪs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴀ ʙᴀɴᴀɴᴀ ɪɴ
ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴏᴄᴋᴇᴛ,
ᴏʀ ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘʏ
ᴛᴏ sᴇᴇ ᴜs?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Looks like the closest thing we have so far, we'll just have to wait and see, and maybe yellows8 could release something that let us modify 'Homebrew' to a different image.
It's literally just decrypt, unpack, and replace. I think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.