• Views 413,242
  • Replies 1,200
  • Likes 104

link6155

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unless there are any major problems with this release, I probably won't be doing anymore with this project.

There's one problem, X-Input support. With X-Input being the standard for Windows now, more and more games are using it (especially Windows 10 native games). If you could somehow implement X-Input functionality that would make it killer. Of course this would be pretty hard as you'll need an x-input driver (vJoy is a direct input driver). I'm pretty content with it now as it means I got one more controller for Project M :).

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
There's one problem, X-Input support. With X-Input being the standard for Windows now, more and more games are using it (especially Windows 10 native games). If you could somehow implement X-Input functionality that would make it killer. Of course this would be pretty hard as you'll need an x-input driver (vJoy is a direct input driver). I'm pretty content with it now as it means I got one more controller for Project M :).

I'm using x360ce to map the vJoy buttons to Xbox controller buttons. It does need to be configured per game, but it works well for me.
I've only tried it on 2 games so far, that I know use xbox controllers. It works flawlessly for Life is Strange (so probably Unreal Engine in general) and it doesn't work for the Binding of Isaac Rebirth but I don't know why I tried because it supports manual controller remapping :P (maybe it got confused since it picks up both the emulated xbox controller and the original vjoy controller...)

Maybe it'd be nice to have it work natively but I'm not interested in that, since it'd probably mean replacing vJoy with something else, to get something already possible.

Last edited by ~Poke~,

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed all of the instructions and I get the blackscreen fine and dandy on my n3ds, but none of the buttons work
How's it configured? First test just with keyboard keys and type in notepad or etc to test it. If that works the problem is with vJoy. If that doesn't work the problem is IP/port/etc

KashiToxicBlood

how2hakpls
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
How's it configured? First test just with keyboard keys and type in notepad or etc to test it. If that works the problem is with vJoy. If that doesn't work the problem is IP/port/etc
nah i got it to work like 10 minutes ago, turns out my firewall was being gross. I'm just glad i can play mkds without a keyboard anymore on desmume. after this was released im never going back

Reactions: ~Poke~

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
i cannot get it to work put right ip and port in when i first started it up on the firewall popup i chose allow.Edit: Got it to work put ip in wrong but how do i get joy stick to work with minecraft

Last edited by hacksn5s4,
D

Deleted User

Thank you for releasing this next update! I have one problem tho. vjoy doesn't read the C-Stick or ZL and ZR buttons, but it reads everything else. Do you know what the problem is?

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for releasing this next update! I have one problem tho. vjoy doesn't read the C-Stick or ZL and ZR buttons, but it reads everything else. Do you know what the problem is?
Try running the 3dsx if you are not. I think CIAs (or at least for a few homebrew?) Don't have proper access. I only bring this up because someone in the GameYob thread had the new buttons disabled/mimicking running the latest CIA on a New3DS.

If you are running the 3dsx then make sure there is only ONE space between the colon and JOY (ie ZL: JOY5) and that you have vjoy set to 16 buttons. It runs perfect for me.

D

Deleted User

Try running the 3dsx if you are not. I think CIAs (or at least for a few homebrew?) Don't have proper access. I only bring this up because someone in the GameYob thread had the new buttons disabled/mimicking running the latest CIA on a New3DS.

If you are running the 3dsx then make sure there is only ONE space between the colon and JOY (ie ZL: JOY5) and that you have vjoy set to 16 buttons. It runs perfect for me.
I'm running the cia and i've set vjoy to 10 buttons.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm running the cia and i've set vjoy to 10 buttons.
CIA can't access new 3ds features. This goes for all CIAs as far as I know, nothing to do with this specific program.

i cannot get it to work put right ip and port in when i first started it up on the firewall popup i chose allow.Edit: Got it to work put ip in wrong but how do i get joy stick to work with minecraft
I don't think Minecraft uses joysticks, so you'll need another program to convert them to buttons. An easier way would just be to use the dpad as wasd and touchscreen as mouse to look around.

D

Deleted User

CIA can't access new 3ds features. This goes for all CIAs as far as I know, nothing to do with this specific program.
Thank you now it works! Now the only problem is that Ry isn't working. It recognize the c-stick horizontally, but not vertically.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you now it works! Now the only problem is that Ry isn't working. It recognize the c-stick horizontally, but not vertically.
That's weird, are you watching in the vJoy monitor? It might be showing up as something else if you're looking with a different program.
(This is because vJoy allows Axes X Y Z Rx Ry Rz S1 S2 in that order, and for consistency I picked X and Y, Rx and Ry, which means axes 1 and 2, 4 and 5 skipping 3. A different program might try to use axis 3 since as far as I can tell, it is all arbitrary...)

Davi

~
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
daviandrade.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Not currently. If you configure vJoy to allow 2 virtual devices then it would be a trivial edit to make the 3DSController program output to the second device. Then you might be able to run both copies at the same time? I think it would work if you choose a different port for controller 2.
I think this would work, though the different port requirement means that you'd have to edit the ini on the 3ds side to make it connect to the second instance.
I can go compile a device 2 version if you like, and maybe make the output device configurable in the future.

I can't compile or run CIAs so I can't help with your other issue, though if you can compile it yourself then it'd be possible to just remove the screen dimming.

EDIT: Here you go, this is identical to 0.6 except it outputs to vJoy interface 2. Remember to change the port. If you're not interested in the vjoy side then you don't need this edit, 2 of the original will work with different ports (but no joysticks)

Thanks, but it didn't worked, I connected the two 3DS using different ports but when I try to play in the emulator the controllers are conflicting each other.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
Bug report: when the prgram can't open 3dscontroller.ini, a message appears telling you so and the only option is to exit with start+select. Doing so crashes in a black screen.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, but it didn't worked, I connected the two 3DS using different ports but when I try to play in the emulator the controllers are conflicting each other.
That's a shame. This is using Joystick buttons via vJoy right? Do the inputs show separately on the vJoy monitor?

Bug report: when the prgram can't open 3dscontroller.ini, a message appears telling you so and the only option is to exit with start+select. Doing so crashes in a black screen.
The homebrew channel has a bug like this sometimes, where nothing can read any files any more. Whenever this happens to me it still exits cleanly though, which is how I can see the homebrew channel is loading nothing and I gotta restart the 3ds. This is with the .3dsx version. It sounds like the cia version is generally less stable if you're using that and I can't help there bc I don't really know anything about it. Either way this bug doesn't sound like it causes problems, just restart the system. Sorry I can't help more

D

Deleted User

That's weird, are you watching in the vJoy monitor? It might be showing up as something else if you're looking with a different program.
(This is because vJoy allows Axes X Y Z Rx Ry Rz S1 S2 in that order, and for consistency I picked X and Y, Rx and Ry, which means axes 1 and 2, 4 and 5 skipping 3. A different program might try to use axis 3 since as far as I can tell, it is all arbitrary...)
I check in both vJoy and usb gamepad settings in windows.

suloku

Trophies
XP
Country
The homebrew channel has a bug like this sometimes, where nothing can read any files any more. Whenever this happens to me it still exits cleanly though, which is how I can see the homebrew channel is loading nothing and I gotta restart the 3ds. This is with the .3dsx version. It sounds like the cia version is generally less stable if you're using that and I can't help there bc I don't really know anything about it. Either way this bug doesn't sound like it causes problems, just restart the system. Sorry I can't help more

.3dsx, I tried several times and I thought it wasn't hblauncher related. The busg is a black screen after pressing start+select for me, I don't reach the HBL. I'll try again. As I said, this happens when no 3dscontroller.ini is in the correct path, or in the sd card at all for that matter.

ps: my hbl mod can reload the sd card, so when it doesn't catch the sd card you don't need to reboot.

~Poke~

Trophies
XP
Country
I check in both vJoy and usb gamepad settings in windows.
That's strange, all I can think is maybe somethings not set up right in vJoy. I've set this up on multiple computers and it all worked fine. All I can suggest is you reinstall vjoy and etc and reconfigure from scratch. Maybe unplug any real joysticks if you have them?

.3dsx, I tried several times and I thought it wasn't hblauncher related. The busg is a black screen after pressing start+select for me, I don't reach the HBL. I'll try again. As I said, this happens when no 3dscontroller.ini is in the correct path, or in the sd card at all for that matter.

ps: my hbl mod can reload the sd card, so when it doesn't catch the sd card you don't need to reboot.
I deleted the .ini and started 3DSController. When I press Start + Select to exit I'm back in the homebrew channel, everything working fine. It might be related to the different HBL you're using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Roll them little snake eyes in
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    :wacko: rolling?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    make up his mind dude
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: make up his mind dude