GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Main-Header-V2.png

3DS-Capture-Bundle-Gif-4.gif

I searched here and didnt see anything related about this. So...have you guys seen this? Will there be a Review here?

Source

Last edited by ElYubiYubi,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If most people cannot even afford a NEW tirle console to play their hb with. Then this is going to be way outta anyones pockets to pay such a stupid price for that now.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
So it's basically a katsukity card into a raspberry pi for USB/HDMI I/O and you only pay four/six times that you usually would pay for a Merki mod..

At least it is usbc instead on the USB mini of previous mods, and you can charge it at the same time. But it's way too expensive, and I have a Katsukity card, which was already too expensive.

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it's basically a katsukity card into a raspberry pi for USB/HDMI I/O and you only pay four/six times that you usually would pay for a Merki mod..

Well people try to asks for 2k without even a TV tuner kit. Probably 1-2 hundred dollars more for the TV Tuner kit, most of the money would be for the capture card.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I still can't believe nobody has yet made a 3DS to VGA adapter yet, as you could easily make it from just resistor ladders. Perhaps a custom PCB with SMD resistors, and bam!

Although I'm not sure how many cheap (or that matter, expensive) capture cards are capable of handling the weird resolution the 3DS is set to, and especially the low pixel clock and high vertical clock. And buying two capture cards is not cheap.

Although still has to be much cheaper than this :rofl2: For that price you could buy a PC which could run a 3DS emulator at full speed at higher resolution, and you could still use the PC for other things.

As for making a custom input board, that's also a matter of time until someone decides to make an open-source board with chip and chip firmware which has enough GPIOs (or is attached to a shift register) to drive the 12button probe points on the 3DS board. And having controller support is just a matter of knowing the protocoll and finding a place for the connector.

I know I'm making it sound like it's piss easy when it's not, but it's not super difficult either.
Excluding the two VGA capture cards, pretty sure you could sell a kit for 80-120$ each (parts only) and have an absolutely high profit margin left. It's just resistors, a chip, some capacitors for the chip, two custom PCBs, some wires, an USB cable, and the connector(s) for the controller(s).

Last edited by Sono,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Not worth the price tbh, I've using @Sono software soltion and it works pretty well for my needs (live stream), I oinly had to invest in a new and optimal router, which is a better option as you can take more advantages than just streaming 3DS video.

1B51004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that i think about it... 3ds consolizer...hmmm...
not gonna happen anytime soon. im pretty sure we just got the a peek at a ds consolizer, who knows when it'll be when the 3ds will get one, if at all.

Last edited by 1B51004,

ElYubiYubi

GBATemp Maniac
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
unless you're a huge youtuber/streamer I can't really see a good use for this with the price
Specially considering that 3DS content these days is like niche because you know the Switch already replaced it. So unless you REALLY wanna make 3DS content then it might be right for you and even so it will be a money-loss because as I said 3DS content these days dont generate views and blah blah so youre not really investing.

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Simply ridiculous. Specially knowing that there are software based solutions that get the job done without spending a single penny outside of just owning the dang console. Too little, too late. Stargate would be proud.

Asia81

Yuri Lover ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Although still has to be much cheaper than this :rofl2: For that price you could buy a PC which could run a 3DS emulator at full speed at higher resolution, and you could still use the PC for other things.
I had same thoughts.
citra running at 10x resolution 4000x2400:ph34r:

Reactions: Sono

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: