darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
trumpet-205 said:
Midna said:
darkreaperofdreams said:
funny how people talk about emulation when they don't even know if this thing will be hackable or not
Funny because the Wii emulates a dozen odd consoles with proprietary emulators.
Huh?

If you mean proprietary emulation as in the one that Nintendo wrote, yea, they can emulate many dozen console alright.

But open source emulator, like Wii64, requires Wii to be hacked first before being able to use it.

Also this is about 3DS, so why bring out Wii? It is like comparing apples to oranges.
my buddy here said what needed to be said
so n00bs,please,go

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Brian10122 said:
Midna said:
bdr9 said:
I remember reading a rule somewhere that in order for a system to emulate another system, it needs to be 8-10 times as powerful. Looking at the specs:

3DS
RAM: 64MB
CPU: 532 MHz (2x266 MHz)

N64
RAM: 4MB
CPU: 93.75 MHz

Following this rule, there is definitely enough RAM, but the CPU might not be powerful enough.
Twin processor power =/= Power of two processors added. And anyway, that's a pretty inaccurate comparison. It's not taking into account any of the additional factors, just the MHz. The whole 7 times more powerful thing is just to make n00bs asking for PS3 emulators go away.

Anyways. Nintendo is really good at making emulators for their own games on their own consoles. They nail all the settings down to the last detail to ensure each released game runs perfectly. The Wii can do N64, even though its homebrew emulator fails. Same with the GC. For a homebrew emulator? Perhaps someone could make it work at a decent speed. A Nintendo made emulator? Yes, definitely. If they want it to happen, it will.

Funny because those new six-core AMD's can be about eight times more powerful than a PS3
tongue.gif

Wouldnt you rather just buy a ps3 instead?

Also, I hate it when people post stuff like this where they have no idea what they're talking about and call it "speculation"
then people start posting stuff they arent even sure about just to look smart.

Well, All I can say is, if you really want to play n64 games, buy a n64. or Emulate on a PC
the 3DS is made for 3DS games, all the other stuff are just extra features we're lucky enough that nintendo included.

Well if you really wanna talk, I guess the 3DS can play n64 games. judging from zelda and starfox, but those were remade or ported or something but still, they are showing us that you CAN play n64 games in the 3DS. Maybe theyre hinting at us of what the 3DS can do.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
funny, because this ain't a wii
It's a system by the same company, which is more in line with the Wii (it's closer to the Wii than the DSi, which was closer than the DS), and has already been announced to support virtual console (starting with Gameboy/Color).

You're the noob here, not knowing those facts.

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Rydidan,
even if it's in line with the wii,it doesn't mean it's as same as the wii,having a virtual console it's emulation of itself,but EMULATION OF A CONSOLE NOT OFFICIALY ANNOUNCED over VC won't happen,by consequence,you'll end up having to hack the 3DS,which no one knows if it will be possible or not

trans am

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
metalmouth647 said:
trans am said:
They may emulate some individual games sorta like what Bleemcast guy did, writing a stand alone emulator that's capable of running every game perfect is hard task at hand, even the PC emulators aren't perfect at emulating the N64. But who cares when they're remaking StarFox 64, Zelda OoT and making a new Pilotwings
tongue.gif
all in 3D.
But what if i wanna play the old versions again?
frown.gif

Even though I was a huge N64 fan I don't think the graphics aged that well, I welcome all the N64 remakes and enhanced ports, imagine F-Zero X with modern shaders, they had to cut a lot of corners in order to make F-Zero X run at 60FPS. Waver Race 64 needs an update too, the broken elbows geometry always bothered me
tongue.gif
but the game is so good, miles better than Blue Storm.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
Rydidan,
even if it's in line with the wii,it doesn't mean it's as same as the wii,having a virtual console it's emulation of itself,but EMULATION OF A CONSOLE NOT OFFICIALY ANNOUNCED over VC won't happen,by consequence,you'll end up having to hack the 3DS,which no one knows if it will be possible or not
They added more consoles to VC on the Wii as time went on.

Learn you some Nintendo, please.

darkreaperofdrea

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
consoles came out,but they were announced with the release of this baby
besides,if it were able to emulate those things,they wouldn't be doing the N64 games they're doing over on 1 cart each,then nintendo DS can emulate PSX because resident evil deadly silence is for PSX and can be played thus on the DS

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ryan90 said:
A 1.6Ghz Core 2 duo easy beats a 3.2Ghz pentium 4
I always found it funny that the lovely Pentium III-s Tualatin 1.4Ghz was faster Pentium 4 1.8Ghz, that worked out so well for Intel.

darkreaperofdreams, give it a rest or you'll get the thread locked.

QUOTE(Rydian @ Oct 13 2010, 06:14 AM) If they're going to add 3D to the games then yeah, it needs to be a port.

Of course, in order to port they need the original source code... and while they should have it for first-party titles, third-party game companies may not have it anymore.

Don't worry, Nintendo are going to do 3D rehashes of all their big selling first party N64 games.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
darkreaperofdreams said:
funny, because this ain't a wii
Funny, because Nintendo is instituting an extremely similar virtual console system with the 3DS. As of recently, they're making the business model for their handhelds and consoles more and more the same. It is also close in power to the Wii and Gamecube.

darkreaperofdreams said:
Rydidan,
If it's not announced it won't happen? I see. Just like how half of the emulated consoles on Wii were added after launch.

QUOTE(darkreaperofdreams @ Oct 13 2010, 05:14 AM)
my buddy here said what needed to be said
so n00bs,please,go
I hate to play this card, but...

You joined on July 27th of this year, and are typing without any consideration of grammar or spelling.
I joined on the 13th of April, 2008 and have 1203 posts.

I don't take kindly to being called a n00b by a n00b. So you can go instead.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This console will have a 5+ year lifespan, no one knows what will Nintendo have planned for it. Just because it doesn't have xxx VC before it's even released doesn't mean anything. Nintendo are in a rush to get this out...

I have no doubt that Nintendo could, if they wanted get this to emulate the N64. If Nintendo have xxx IP, then it's logical they will use it.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
darkreaperofdreams said:
consoles came out,but they were announced with the release of this baby
besides,if it were able to emulate those things,they wouldn't be doing the N64 games they're doing over on 1 cart each,then nintendo DS can emulate PSX because resident evil deadly silence is for PSX and can be played thus on the DS
Somebody has never heard of a port.

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
People.. don't use the IGN RUMORED specs as the official one, because that specs are a RUMOR.
Like I said before, i'm thinking that specs could be "only" in game part, because 3DS support Multi-Task, and that thing isn't possible with that rumored specs (multitasking + 3D + game itself) uses a lot of power.

Answering the topic question.. 3DS will be capable to emulate more than N64, and i'm not joking.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
Like I said before, i'm thinking that specs could be "only" in game part, because 3DS support Multi-Task, and that thing isn't possible with that rumored specs (multitasking + 3D + game itself) uses a lot of power.

I don't believe the IGN "rumored" specs, but for clarifying on the 3DS's "multi-tasking", from what I've seen in videos, the game becomes frozen, like how the Wii handles it's menu when the home button is pressed while in-game, or even with the DS going into sleep mode. Processing of the game is halted, allowing that resource to be used for other places, like the internet browser. The only real conflict I see is that because the game is in a hibernate mode, it still has game data allocated in RAM, so while the rumored 64MB wouldn't be enough imo to handle the load of multiple programs, the CPU frequency is a non-issue here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny