Hacking 3DS Bricking Rumor

D

Deleted User

MegamanDSi said:
IM GONNA SAY THIS RIGHT NOW IT IS FALSE I HAVE HAD AN R4IGOLD 3DS AND I NOW HAVE 2 1 0 3 3DS FIRMWARE AND ITS FINE
Never thought I'd say this, but thanks. Ordered a Gold today.

Kaleadoskope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I doubt Nintendo will ban you from online services. Updating, I think, is classified as a service isn't it?
Although I'm not too sure.

Besides, banning you from online services doesn't stop people from using their flashcarts, so there's no
perceivable point in doing that anyway.

Of course, I could have overlooked something, please lemme know if I have.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Kaleadoskope said:
Updating, I think, is classified as a service isn't it?
Well, yes and no. Updating online could be, but updating in general might be counted as support, and if an update is required to play new games then it might be counted as a core function of the system (since new games generally need new updates).

Kaleadoskope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Kaleadoskope said:
Updating, I think, is classified as a service isn't it?
Well, yes and no. Updating online could be, but updating in general might be counted as support, and if an update is required to play new games then it might be counted as a core function of the system (since new games generally need new updates).

Aha, well that settles that. Well, as far as I can tell, there isn't any reason to ban flashcart users from online services. If updating can be
considered a service, then there's no point in banning you from that, as any exploits would remain, and firmware wouldn't be able to be
updated to block flashcarts.

jackson879

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yaynds.gif
If they brick my 3DS I will never buy from them ever again
hate2.gif

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
akfgpuppet said:
I think that it is fear mongering. I don't think that they can actually brick the consoles. (But that is prolly because they don't know how.)
thats just... not true at all!

where do you come from if you dont know that just the simple removal of an IOS can brick your console! if they wanted they would. but they won't.

even on the wii just getting a custom banner for a channel wrong gave you a semi-brick haha it's easier than you think when you mess with system files, which nintendo is obviously more than capable of doing
laugh.gif

The Caped Wander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure if anyone has read around the internet about this topic but....what you called a "Rumor" has now become "Reality". There are multiple websites and instances to where it specifically says that Nintendo will and can brick you Nintendo 3DS. It may seem unfair or stupid but it is the truth and there is nothing us (the general public) can do about it. You may try to use the various Flash cards that can be purchased (such as the one produced by RI and the other one made by Code Junkies all so known as Action Replay) but in the end you will end up with a unusable and paper weight bricked Nintendo 3DS. This information may seem seem like it is false, but all you need to do it Google (because Google is your friend) "Flash Cards and Nintendo 3DS" or even "Can flash cards brick my Nintendo 3DS?" and once you do you will see how many places and website have CLEARLY said and stated that using any sort of flash card (and i mean ANY) can and will brick your 3DS. There is a was to avoid this security measure that Nintendo has put in place. The only down side is that there will be NO online play and NO shopping on the Nintendo 3DS store. That method is...well...turn off your Wifi switch and leave it off. I say this because when Nintendo creates and sends out updates to where it will not only scans for a illegal cartridge or any other sort of illegal content it will also scan your recent activities on you Nintendo 3DS. So with this said...do as you wish...but be aware of the consequences that lie ahead. If you still think that this post is a fake....a fluke then i will post some of the many websites that have specifically and directly said that this is in-turn IS the truth.

References related to my post:
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/proof-nintendo-...-want-you-to-do
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/nintendo-can-br...em-if-they-want
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/nintendo
http://nintendo3dsblog.com/more-evidence-t...-brick-your-3ds
http://www.qj.net/pov/nintendo-3ds/pov-can...k-your-3ds.html
http://www.destructoid.com/using-piracy-de...ds-195895.phtml
http://boingboing.net/2011/05/17/nintendo-3ds-license.html
http://3dsforums.com/nintendo-3ds-3/how-ca...55/index13.html
http://forums.sarcasticgamer.com/showthread.php?t=35494

As you can clearly tell Nintendo WILL and CAN legally brick your Nintendo 3DS. So thus this matter is no longer a rumor, but a fact or the truth. And as i said above...you can choose to use Flash cards and back-up games....but there will be a definite consequence. Your Nintendo 3DS getting bricked. Or as i call it: Paper Weighted. IF you think Nintendo is illegally bricking your 3DS for is unfairly bricking then you MUST remember that agreed and signed (digitally speaking)
their terms of service and are playing by their rules and not year own. As said in one of the links i posted above under Nintendo's Terms of Service is says as following:

"Important! Read the Nintendo 3DS operations manual before setup or use of your system. This product contains technical protection measures. Use of an unauthorized device or any unauthorized technical modification to your Nintendo 3DS system, will render this game and/or system unplayable."

If you think they will not brick your Nintendo 3DS because they did not do it to you Wii or normal Nintendo DS. Then there is something you all must know. Under Nintendo's Wii and regular DS Terms of Service it says it may say the same thing but there is one word that Nintendo changed and that is the word "may". Let me be more specific. I will show you all what Nintendo says and the difference between the two Terms of Services.

“On the DS and Wii warning it doesn’t mention the system and on the 3DS warning it does. Also, on the 3DS warning it uses the more forceful “will render” whereas the Wii and DS one uses the more forgiving “may render.”

I hope this clears up a lot of "rumors" and confusion. And again...be careful what decisions you make.

The Caped Wander

The Caped Wander

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
I stopped reading a little early to tell you that we already know that they can, but they won't.
Dude...all Nintendo has to do is send out an update and that will be the end of any hackers 3DS. They can and i they most likely will brick any hackers 3DS. This is no longer a "scare factor" it is a reality.

epistaxis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
jackson879 said:
yaynds.gif
If they brick my 3DS I will never buy from them ever again
hate2.gif

Ahem... IT WAS A RUMOR.

k?

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it won't. Nintendo could pull a MS and wait for a big event to start the banning or bricking. I personally think Ninty will start fucking with us when the 3DS inevitably gets cracked and 3DS roms are playable.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Caped Wanderer said:
machomuu said:
I stopped reading a little early to tell you that we already know that they can, but they won't.
Dude...they all Nintendo has to do is send out an update and that will be the end of any hackers 3DS. They can and i they most likely will brick any hackers 3DS. This is no longer a "scare factor" it is a reality.
Read the first 2 posts of the thread, I know that they can, but it's very, very unlikely.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: