3DS bricked? After downloading that handnotes thingy.

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by relminator, Apr 24, 2012.

1. relminator
    OP

Member relminator GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    Hi, I tried downloading that handnotes thingy where you can send handwritten notes to your friends but there was an error while downloading it. Then it prompted me to push the home button and the 3DS crashed.

Now everytime I try to power up this happens:

Thanks

2. elgarta

Member elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Are you referring to swapnote? What was the issue that occurred while installing it? Did you just get that error message and then it started messing up, or did something else happen first?

3. relminator
    OP

Member relminator GBAtemp Fan

Philippines
    Swapnotes yeah. I just got an error while connecting to the eshop and everything went haywire. Nope. Nothing happened first as it was the first thing i did after powering up the 3DS.

4. elgarta

United States
    : / Well I don't know why it would cause a problem, especially since it installed fine from my end. If you take out the SD card does it still cause problems? (Since the apps are installed on the SD storage. It's a long shot..)

It might be worth contacting Nintendo to see if they have a suggestion. They can possibly re-flash the device if it comes down to it, but I hope someone can help before it comes to that.

5. Pong20302000

Member Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Japan
    well if the home menu is working go to settings and then Data management and remove the Swapnote data and then see if still crashes

6. elgarta

United States
    Yeah, if it gets that far then it could be done. I read it as giving the error once it (the console) is powered on. Really though, if anything was installed/corrupted during the process, it would only be reading it from the SD card, correct? No alterations are made to the firmware itself unless an update was downloaded

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    this is interesting... the same type of thing happened when everyone jumped on the dsi shop to grab the dsi-ware transfer app. many people reported bricked dsi units after the dl messed up during transfer. nintendo denied it was an issue, and from what i was told many of those same people were unable to get their dsi fixed from nintendo.

if you get this sorted please let us know.

-another world

8. ferret7463

Member ferret7463 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    This happened to me around the December update. I had to send it in to Nintendo for them to repair it. I later got a slip that said they had to replace the "PCB". Which i think stands for "Pressed Circuit Board". :(

9. Raysoul

Newcomer Raysoul Member

Philippines
    If your unit is still under warranty, then have it repaired.

10. loco365

Member loco365 GBAtemp Guru

What about removing the SD Card and booting it?

11. Luigi2012SM64DS

Banned Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Canada
    what about holding L+R+X and see if you reach the calabration menu. if not ur very unlucky