Hardware 3DS bricked? After downloading that handnotes thingy.

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Hi, I tried downloading that handnotes thingy where you can send handwritten notes to your friends but there was an error while downloading it. Then it prompted me to push the home button and the 3DS crashed.

Now everytime I try to power up this happens:

An error has occurred.
Hold down the POWER button to run off the power, then turn it on and try again.

For help visit support.nintendo.com.

This happens everytime I power on. I think the DL borked the firmware.

Thanks

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you referring to swapnote? What was the issue that occurred while installing it? Did you just get that error message and then it started messing up, or did something else happen first?

relminator

#AnyaBasic
OP
Trophies
Website
rel.phatcode.net
XP
Country
Are you referring to swapnote? What was the issue that occurred while installing it? Did you just get that error message and then it started messing up, or did something else happen first?

Swapnotes yeah. I just got an error while connecting to the eshop and everything went haywire. Nope. Nothing happened first as it was the first thing i did after powering up the 3DS.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
: / Well I don't know why it would cause a problem, especially since it installed fine from my end. If you take out the SD card does it still cause problems? (Since the apps are installed on the SD storage. It's a long shot..)

It might be worth contacting Nintendo to see if they have a suggestion. They can possibly re-flash the device if it comes down to it, but I hope someone can help before it comes to that.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
: / Well I don't know why it would cause a problem, especially since it installed fine from my end. If you take out the SD card does it still cause problems? (Since the apps are installed on the SD storage. It's a long shot..)

It might be worth contacting Nintendo to see if they have a suggestion. They can possibly re-flash the device if it comes down to it, but I hope someone can help before it comes to that.

well if the home menu is working go to settings and then Data management and remove the Swapnote data and then see if still crashes

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, if it gets that far then it could be done. I read it as giving the error once it (the console) is powered on. Really though, if anything was installed/corrupted during the process, it would only be reading it from the SD card, correct? No alterations are made to the firmware itself unless an update was downloaded

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
this is interesting... the same type of thing happened when everyone jumped on the dsi shop to grab the dsi-ware transfer app. many people reported bricked dsi units after the dl messed up during transfer. nintendo denied it was an issue, and from what i was told many of those same people were unable to get their dsi fixed from nintendo.

if you get this sorted please let us know.

-another world

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me around the December update. I had to send it in to Nintendo for them to repair it. I later got a slip that said they had to replace the "PCB". Which i think stands for "Pressed Circuit Board". :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: