Hacking 3DS and flashcarts

Treflex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So 3DS is coming out soon in NA, and i will be retiring my good ol' ds phat (;__;) to my little cousin. :3 My regular acekard 2 definitely wont work, so anyone have any recommendations for which dsi flashcart to get? I like the acekard menu and feel and whatnot, but the team said they may or may not release the update to make it 3ds compatible. How is the r4i menu in comparison? And the ievolution or any others? I wanna order it now so i'll have it when the 3ds comes out
smile.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At this point you probably want to limit your selection to those that have an updateable bootloader. I suspect most people would recommend one of the following

SuperCard DS2
Acekard2i
iEvo

Note these will only allow you to play older DS games on your 3DS. You'll still have to buy Nintendogs+Cats
glare.gif

Obviously there is the very minute chance that there's some miraculous development 'just around the corner' to allow 3DS games to be played. However you'd probably be better off putting that bet on a PowerBall ticket than waiting for it. Stick with what's currently known. It's not like flashcarts are SO expensive that you can't buy another one if there is such a development in the future.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
doyama said:
SuperCard DS2
Acekard2i
iEvo

Current situation is this regarding the carts:
iEvo works on the Japanese 3DS with the default bootloader. No update needed
AK2i doesn't work on the Japanese 3DS without a bootloader update. Update needed, though it isn't available yet (AK has confirmed it to work).
DSTwo doesn't work at the moment, needs an update. No update available at the moment (no word from SC team on the matter).
R4i (alot of the clones) don't work. Update needed but since most don't have an updatable bootloader, you'll have to buy a new cart (Some teams have made working models).

As mentioned before, those carts with updatable loaders are the way to go.

-Qtis

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Qtis, or anyone really, I'm kind of new to all this and have a question. I only owned a PSP so getting homebrew and whatnot to run on a DS/3DS seems a lot different. Will one of those flashcards listed with updatable bootloaders be able to advance from only being for DS games? Or will they always remain DS mode related?

I'm assuming there will be 2 separate ones when it's all said and done. Confusing stuff, sort of.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
doodads said:
Qtis, or anyone really, I'm kind of new to all this and have a question. I only owned a PSP so getting homebrew and whatnot to run on a DS/3DS seems a lot different. Will one of those flashcards listed with updatable bootloaders be able to advance from only being for DS games? Or will they always remain DS mode related?

I'm assuming there will be 2 separate ones when it's all said and done. Confusing stuff, sort of.
They will forever stay just DS.

Most of the popular flashcarts have a similar interface for game loading.
It's based on the acekard's rpg.

iEvo is unconfirmed to work in DSi mode on the 3DS since the cooking game they use doesn't have a Japanese version, and the DSi is region locked.
It does however work in DS mode.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: imma nice egg sammy