3DS almost semi-bricked/bricked, A9LH Problem ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by NCorp., May 2, 2016.

?

Did you face this problem before ?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. NCorp.
    OP

NCorp. GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2015
    India
    Somewhere in India
    So first of all don't unleash your rage on me if this is a common problem.

I was playing Pokémon OR on my 3DS and I was on the mystery code enter screen,
    When suddenly the "a problem occurred pls power off your 3DS" screen came
    I powered it off and tried to on it again and then the blue light just came on for a few moments and disappeared, this continued for 2-3 tries and I started to get really scared :( I'm poor :(
    Then out of my desperate attempt i plugged it into the charger and tried to boot it on and after a few times it came on :) (all lights fine, charge led - red, blue light on)
    But now I am super scared and too freaked out to touch my 3DS - its just sitting on my table :(

Any idea what this might be - a loose SD, dead battery or A9Lh Problem or a failing system ?
    I am super scared about A9LH being culprit cause of these threads :- https://gbatemp.net/threads/so-is-my-n3ds-dead.424291/ and https://gbatemp.net/threads/sysnand-broken-emunand-fine-on-a9lh.422073/

Any thoughts on this is appreciated also if this is the wrong section of posting this a mod can move this to another thread.

2. Zanoab

Zanoab GBAtemp Regular

Dec 4, 2009
    United States
    This happened to me several times, mine was a loose SD everytime. Just pull out the SD card, wipe off the contacts, and blow air into the SD slot with a can of compressed air if you have one. You can also put the SD card in your computer to make sure it still works.

NCorp. likes this.
  3. squall14716

squall14716 GBAtemp Maniac

May 16, 2011
    United States
    Blue light coming on and turning itself off means no arm9loaderhax.bin was found on the SD, so it sounds like your SD card is loose or otherwise being a jerk.

NCorp. likes this.
  4. NCorp.
    OP

NCorp. GBAtemp Regular

Aug 24, 2015
    India
    Somewhere in India
    I think that's the problem too, anyway I rebooted the 3DS 2-3 times now and it seems to boot fine, also I have confirmed the SD works, I inserted my SD into my computer and even copied SSB3DS.cia to it (1GB) without any problems. So it was most likely a loose contact, if it wasn't I am doomed :) if this occurs anymore times

And now I have no clue as to why without any proper SDCard the 3DS shuts off itself and how the 3DS SD got loose inside the shell ???

Nevermind the reason for 3DS shutting of itself, thanks @squall14716 for clearing my doubts.

Last edited by NCorp., May 2, 2016