3D-Printed Handgun Project Hits Roadblock

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those that spout off about how "MOST GUN CRIMES ARE DONE WITH ILLEGALLY PURCHASED FIREARMS" have zero comprehension of "straw purchasing," where someone legally buys tons of guns and directly sells them. But of course, this is obviously easily overlooked because it's easier to buy into redneck NRA propaganda rather than consider any nuance. http://en.wikipedia..../Straw_purchase

I think you're missing the part where legally acquired firearms are also the only avenue for law abiding citizens. Criminals can get them in whatever way they want to, but the average citizen can only get them however the law allows. Which is why I'm fully against any sort of ban. Stricter regulations may be necessary, but outright banning them, or over regulation won't do a lick of good. The point when it becomes easier to obtain illegal weapons, the faster the fan will spin for the incoming shit.
Do you realize how incredibly easy it is for any person to walk into a gun show and walk out with as many guns as they want with ZERO background check ? Straw purchasers go into gun stores and buy hundreds and hundreds of guns, high powered sniper rifles, etc and sell the whole bulk purchase to one criminal that will do the dirty work. They go from being a law abiding citizen purchaser to an illegal arms dealer instantly. Legal guns become illegal, and you're worried about over regulating in this insane system ? You remember the Gabby Giffords shooting, with the THIRTY ROUND CLIPS ? Do we REALLY need to keep 30 round clips legal ? There is ZERO pushback from so-called liberals. Look at gun laws under the Obama administration. Allow me to directly quote President Obama:

"In this country, we have a strong tradition of gun ownership that's handed from generation to generation. Hunting and shooting are part of our national heritage. And, in fact, my administration has not curtailed the rights of gun owners -- it has expanded them, including allowing people to carry their guns in national parks and wildlife refuges."

So where's the pushback ? WHERE are the bans ? Nobody is talking about banning a god damn thing.

Umm, I didn't say anywhere that you were talking about banning them. I'm just saying that I will never support bans. I see people on the left calling for bans all the time (though it could be only a few vocals).

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bullet in the leg or arm will take out any normal person under normal circumstances just as well as a bullet in the head.
If someone's trying to kill you, you really can't count on it being under "normal circumstances".

Well, what would you consider a normal circumstance for shooting someone? I was speaking of people who are on drugs or people with very high pain tolerances anyway.

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A bullet in the leg or arm will take out any normal person under normal circumstances just as well as a bullet in the head.
If someone's trying to kill you, you really can't count on it being under "normal circumstances".

Well, what would you consider a normal circumstance for shooting someone? I was speaking of people who are on drugs or people with very high pain tolerances anyway.
That was my point. I don't know which side it seemed like I was on, but I'm against the gun control thing.
Laws only apply to people who will actually follow them. If a crook wants a gun, he'll get it either way. Best to grant other people the ability to defend themselves.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021