Homebrew [33c3] Console Hacking 2016 (3DS/WiiU) talk Dec 27-30: smea, derrek, nedwill, naehrwert

What will Santa Hax bring us this year?

• Slowhax (arm11 kernelhax)

Votes: 184 32.1%
  • Soundhax (free primary userland sploit)

Votes: 183 31.9%
  • Bootrom dump method !!

Votes: 166 28.9%
  • Something more awesome than the above.

Votes: 156 27.2%
  • Something nice for the WiiU

Votes: 178 31.0%
  • Nothing. Ninty will banhammer: 001-1337 "Your use of this speech has been restricted by Nintendo"

Votes: 80 13.9%
  • This checkbox pleases me

Votes: 152 26.5%
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Votes: 92 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have A9LH right now, sighax is effectively the same thing, but it bypasses the initial FIRM load, so it might reduce boot time by a bit.

If you don't have A9LH, sighax will allow something similar to A9LH but without the OTP. And as an added bonus, since sighax lets you completely replace FIRM, the OTP won't be locked out, so sighax can be used to dump the OTP.

tbclandot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sighax is unpatchable without hardware revision. Fasthax and soundhax can be patched any time now.

Although what Nintendo can do while waiting for sighax to show up is make it hard to install sighax by patching fasthax and cleaning up dsiware exploit stuff. There isn't much they can do about hardmod installation though, but that's quite an obstacle for the user at least.

Wish I could harmod man! I bricked my old 3ds trying to install cfw. Now here I am on a new 3DS XL stuck on 11.2. Soundhax sounds amazing. I want home-brew so badly!

Reactions: zoogie

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so now we wait until the hax get released and plailect guide is updated? because I just wanted to start downgrading my N3DS and system transfering my DSi game. But I guess that is not needed anymore.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so now we wait until the hax get released and plailect guide is updated? because I just wanted to start downgrading my N3DS and system transfering my DSi game. But I guess that is not needed anymore.
yeah it's still needed (transferring the dsiware game and hacked save) the proceeding steps will probably be much simpler though

Reactions: naddel81

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
might be a dumb question but how the heck do you make a qote appear below your self? wanted to do this a lot of time before
top right corner, click addi33, then hit signature. If you want to make it a quote, hit reply to the post you want to quote, copy the text, and paste it into the signature.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.