Hacking 3.x Firmware O3DS

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought another 3DS with a supposed faulty card slot, had to push the card a bit further than it should go, now reads all the carts i've tested (DS cart and Star Fox 64)

Is there no other way to get a cfw on this without updating to 4.x, as I don't currently have a cart with a update on.

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note that if you don't have the browser already, you will additionally need to get yourself a DS flashcart so you can update through RxTools Dev Mode using the DS Profile System Settings (MSET) exploit.

Reactions: NoNAND

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note that if you don't have the browser already, you will additionally need to get yourself a DS flashcart so you can update through RxTools Dev Mode using the DS Profile System Settings (MSET) exploit.

Ye I have a flashcart already, this 3ds has the browser too, it'll remain once I update via cart, right?

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got a 9.8.0-6e update on a cart and updated, can't get browserhax to boot at all have tried changed date, without, have reset the browser settings, just will not boot always get the error message.\

Any ideas?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, got a 9.8.0-6e update on a cart and updated, can't get browserhax to boot at all have tried changed date, without, have reset the browser settings, just will not boot always get the error message.\

Any ideas?
You really messed up. You should have gotten a 4.X or 6.X game. Anything past that, well let me just quote Part 1 of the Guide.

10.6.0 - 11.0.0, or have a browser version (the last number in the version, such as 11.0.0-33) of less than -20:
Use the following instructions for various alternate entrypoints in place of Part 1 (as Browserhax and menuhax were patched with 10.6.0 and will no longer work and versions less than -20 cannot be used with Browserhax.)

• Ninjhax (requires Cubic Ninja)
  • smashbroshax (requires Super Smash Bros. and only works on New 3DS)
  • oot3dhax (requires Ocarina of Time 3D and either a powersaves or another 3DS which has the HomeBrew Launcher)
  • supermysterychunkhax (requires Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon and another 3DS which has the HomeBrew Launcher)
  • freakyhax (requires Freakyforms Deluxe)
  • basehaxx (requires Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire ver 1.0/1.4 with the ability to have a secret base and another 3DS which has the HomeBrew Launcher)
11.0.0: You MUST have used a hardmod downgrade to successfully complete Part 2 later.

<9.0.0: you can find instructions for updating to 9.2.0-20 here. Browserhax does not support versions below 9.0.0.

If you are using a game for hax, you will need to enter HomeBrew Launcher using it instead of browserhax or menuhax while on 10.6.0/10.7.0. After completing the initial 9.2.0 downgrade, you no longer need the game to complete the rest of the guide.

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You really messed up. You should have gotten a 4.X or 6.X game. Anything past that, well let me just quote Part 1 of the Guide.

That's not what the starter part of the guide says though Part 1 (Homebrew)

9.0.0 - 9.8.0: Follow this guide, but skip changing the date and time and initializing savedata in the beginning.

Sorry if i'm missing the point in what you quoted

Last edited by wiiando,

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yep, you screwed yourself over. Now you need to get another game such as Freakforms Deluxe or Cubic Ninja. Or you can get another homebrew 3DS and use basehaxx / Ocarina of Time (Oothax). Should've read what was said.

The reason you screwed up: You updated to 9.x. The browser doesn't update thus you have an incompatible browser. Had you updated to 4.x or 6.x, the browser would've been compatible. So you can't use browserhax buddy.

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, you screwed yourself over. Now you need to get another game such as Freakforms Deluxe or Cubic Ninja. Or you can get another homebrew 3DS and use basehaxx / Ocarina of Time (Oothax). Should've read what was said.

The reason you screwed up: You updated to 9.x. The browser doesn't update thus you have an incompatible browser. Had you updated to 4.x or 6.x, the browser would've been compatible. So you can't use browserhax buddy.

Thanks for explaining, stupidly never seen any info about the browser not being updated

OOTHAX seems like my best choice or go for the hardmod?

Last edited by wiiando,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not what the starter part of the guide says though Part 1 (Homebrew)

9.0.0 - 9.8.0: Follow this guide, but skip changing the date and time and initializing savedata in the beginning.

Sorry if i'm missing the point in what you quoted
That 9.0-9.8 part is only true, if the browser version is not less than 20.

Let me throw more knowledge at you.

Taken from the cart update page.
This will not update the browser in your system or install a browser if you have none. This will only update the actual system version (for example, 2.1.0-0 -> 6.0.0-0). The last number (the -0) will not change.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/9.2.0-Update-(Cart-Update)

9.8.0-6e is not compatible as explained. You messed up, and screwed yourself over. Sorry, but you'll need to do what I already told you and get a cartridge based exploit in place of Part 1.

Reactions: wiiando

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

9.8.0-6e is not compatible as explained. You messed up, and screwed yourself over. Sorry, but you'll need to do what I already told you and get a cartridge based exploit in place of Part 1.

Ye completely forgot about that, thanks for the info anyway

wiiando

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Sorry for all the questions but can't seem to find a answer

How do you use OOT3DHax with another homebrew enabled 3ds? can't seem to find any info on it, can see the ds flashcart method which requires cutting the OOT cart which i'd prefer not to do.

NVM seems i'm being stupid again, you run the homberew launcher (on another 3ds) and run save data manager and import it to the cart, correct?

Last edited by wiiando,

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for all the questions but can't seem to find a answer

How do you use OOT3DHax with another homebrew enabled 3ds? can't seem to find any info on it, can see the ds flashcart method which requires cutting the OOT cart which i'd prefer not to do.
Run the ootinstaller from the Homebrew Menu on the homebrew enabled 3ds.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
YOU MUST BUY CUBIC NINJA or ANYTHING WHICH CAN EMULATE CUBIC NINJA otherwise YOU CAN ONLY FUCK YOURSELF UP.
OOTHAX? SORRY IT REQUIRES MORE MONEY because YOU MUST BUY either A SAVE RESTORING HARDWARE or ONE MORE EXPLOITED 3DS to install save to your OOT.

Last edited by MelonGx,

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YOU MUST BUY CUBIC NINJA or ANYTHING WHICH CAN EMULATE CUBIC NINJA otherwise YOU CAN ONLY FUCK YOURSELF UP.
OOTHAX? SORRY IT REQUIRES MORE MONEY because YOU MUST BUY either A SAVE RESTORING HARDWARE or ONE MORE EXPLOITED 3DS to install save to your OOT.
THAT'S GREAT BUT WHY CAPS LOCK?

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah... I mean, you can't do much right where you are because of the browser version being so low. Right now you are in 9.8 so you unlocked yourself some exploits like the primary exploit freakyhax or the secondary exploits oot3dhax, smdhax (9.9) or basehax.

Afaik Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon is still selling quite cheap on retail shops but as a secondary exploit you still need another (already exploited) system to pave your way.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: you are a product of my imagination