Hacking 3-in-1 battery appears dead

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After about a year since I bought it, it looks like my EZ-Flash 3-in-1 battery bit the dust. Every time I start Rudolph's loader, it asks to use the expansion pack (like it does if it's you're first time using it). The games won't retain their saves if I turn the DS off and I can't load my savegames from the microSD in slot-1 (or back them up from the 3-in-1 since they apparently aren't saving). Are these things SUPPOSED to die after only a year of use?
frown.gif

Now I can still write games and play them fine, but I can't save at all. I can also use the rumble and memory for the browser and some homebrew. But I really cherish the use of my GBA games.

All in all, I'd like a new card like this. I don't care about rumble as I never use it. I had a couple in mind:

Ewin
M3 Real expansion

If anyone has any other ideas, I'd appreciate it. And do the batteries last any longer on these?

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The batteries cost around 4-5$ each and they need to be soldered in. Soldering tin costs around 4-20$ depending on the type and size of the roll you get and a soldering gun can be around 5-50$ depending on the type you get as well.

If you already have a soldering gun and the soldering tin/roll, then its cheaper to manually replace the battery yourself, otherwise I suggest just getting a new 3 in 1.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a soldering gun and on top of that, I have VERY shakey hands.
laugh.gif

I'll just get a new 3-in-1 since they are only about $20. I just asked about the other cards to see if their batteries were any better.

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Correct, furthermore if your 3in1 is GBA sized and you don't like rumble you can rip the motor out and make room for a CR1620 which lasts twice as long(3 years).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1