Hacking 3.55 TN-V vs. Ark

Cavioe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I am understanding this correctly, TN-V has sound for PSX games and ARK doesn't. Also, TN-V I can play CSO/ISO backups but if I wanted to play emulators I have to enable the game2vhbl plugin? So I can't jump from one to the other without restarting TN-V? But with ARK it allows you to play between PSP backups and emulators without restarting?

mrjezbud

Trophies
XP
Country
I recommend installing ark.

After installing ark download a demo and turn it into a tn-v bubble.

Then you have both :D

Cavioe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

There is another very long 3.55 tutorial on this forum. But I think its a bit outdated as I see yours uses a demo while that other tutorial uses Pool Hall Pro. The other thing I recognized is that if you only have TN-V it says that you have to install ARK to make transfer and folders then put back TN-V. But I seen a youtube video of TN-V where you didn't need to use ARK to install iso/cso or emulators. Can you make a step by step on how to do that?

mrjezbud

Trophies
XP
Country
There is another very long 3.55 tutorial on this forum. But I think its a bit outdated as I see yours uses a demo while that other tutorial uses Pool Hall Pro. The other thing I recognized is that if you only have TN-V it says that you have to install ARK to make transfer and folders then put back TN-V. But I seen a youtube video of TN-V where you didn't need to use ARK to install iso/cso or emulators. Can you make a step by step on how to do that?
Oh that's simple.

Download filer http://www.mediafire.com/download/txq9k7zt5m8h47q/FILER.ISO

Then add it to TNV_00000 on your computer (whatever the save file is called for TN-V)

Now use CMA or qCMA to add it back to your vita.

Open TN-V and then press select and retart VSH

Load back into TN-V and go down to game. You should see filer

Click Triangle on it and click install.

This should work and i will post a page that explains it all.
But i recommend following my other tutorial as installing Ark and OneMenu is by far the best way to install things and run homebrew. Then use TN-V for PSP and PSOne games.

TN-V Guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/3pajn4/how_to_actually_run_emulators_hombrews_on_tnv/

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I truly appreciate your input mrjezbud, heh. But my issue is larger. I can't just change the TNV folder for the game eboot as I can't write to the GAME folder...
Any thoughts?
I would just like to not have to use a 500MB Minimar Chronicles title for the TNV exploit. Just interested in PSP Game backups here :-D

I would appreciate any help you could offer!

A quick addition:
I did follow your guide and was able (I thought) to copy the PBOOT file into the GAME directory. But, alas it just didn't seem to go.
Can I ask what you used, or what steps I may be missing?

Last edited by RyanRDLPS,

mrjezbud

Trophies
XP
Country
I truly appreciate your input mrjezbud, heh. But my issue is larger. I can't just change the TNV folder for the game eboot as I can't write to the GAME folder...
Any thoughts?
I would just like to not have to use a 500MB Minimar Chronicles title for the TNV exploit. Just interested in PSP Game backups here :-D

I would appreciate any help you could offer!

A quick addition:
I did follow your guide and was able (I thought) to copy the PBOOT file into the GAME directory. But, alas it just didn't seem to go.
Can I ask what you used, or what steps I may be missing?
If you use VitaFTP then it will let you add the pboot/eboot to the game folder

Cavioe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh that's simple.

Download filer http://www.mediafire.com/download/txq9k7zt5m8h47q/FILER.ISO

Then add it to TNV_00000 on your computer (whatever the save file is called for TN-V)

Now use CMA or qCMA to add it back to your vita.

Open TN-V and then press select and retart VSH

Load back into TN-V and go down to game. You should see filer

Click Triangle on it and click install.

This should work and i will post a page that explains it all.
But i recommend following my other tutorial as installing Ark and OneMenu is by far the best way to install things and run homebrew. Then use TN-V for PSP and PSOne games.

TN-V Guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/vitahacks/comments/3pajn4/how_to_actually_run_emulators_hombrews_on_tnv/

Thanks will try it out. And your tutorial I have bookmarked now as I read others wanted to use another smaller exploit game on 3.55 to save space. And so I am now going to use both loco roco and petz saddle as my base games to save space. And keep mimana as a backup if needed again. Hopefully others see this as I seen some wanted to do the same thing. Only have a 8gb card for now so every space helps for now.

Edit: Should of done this prior but I see petz saddle DEMO but I don't see the locoroco. I see locoroco for midnight carnival and part 2 DEMO's. And below each game says it works on PSP and VITA. Would the PS3 still be able to download it and transfer it to the VITA? I ask as I need to transfer to get this VITA activated with my psn.

Last edited by Cavioe,

mrjezbud

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks will try it out. And your tutorial I have bookmarked now as I read others wanted to use another smaller exploit game on 3.55 to save space. And so I am now going to use both loco roco and petz saddle as my base games to save space. And keep mimana as a backup if needed again. Hopefully others see this as I seen some wanted to do the same thing. Only have a 8gb card for now so every space helps for now.

Edit: Should of done this prior but I see petz saddle DEMO but I don't see the locoroco. I see locoroco for midnight carnival and part 2 DEMO's. And below each game says it works on PSP and VITA. Would the PS3 still be able to download it and transfer it to the VITA? I ask as I need to transfer to get this VITA activated with my psn.
Transfering should be fine from PS3.

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. That did it!
I was successful! For whatever reason, the FTP homebrew application works for data transfer to the GAME folder on ARK, but not TN-V.
It's really a simple matter of moving the PBOOT TN-V file into the demo folder (I used a "Mini" type game) once you are using the FTP system inside of ARK!
I want to document this so if more people have issues, they can follow my route, and hopefully shorten their process.

Now I have a TN-V launcher at only 11 MB!
For anyone wondering, I purchased the mini title - Alien Zombie Death (11MB) - Smallest I could find for the price! 0.99 cents!

mrjezbud

Trophies
XP
Country
Yup. That did it!
I was successful! For whatever reason, the FTP homebrew application works for data transfer to the GAME folder on ARK, but not TN-V.
It's really a simple matter of moving the PBOOT TN-V file into the demo folder (I used a "Mini" type game) once you are using the FTP system inside of ARK!
I want to document this so if more people have issues, they can follow my route, and hopefully shorten their process.

Now I have a TN-V launcher at only 11 MB!
For anyone wondering, I purchased the mini title - Alien Zombie Death (11MB) - Smallest I could find for the price! 0.99 cents!
Good to hear you got it working :D and never thought about buying a mini and using it to make a bubble.

Reactions: RyanRDLPS

RyanRDLPS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, one last thing!
I was concerned that if I deleted the Mimana/TN-V exploit title it would delete/corrupt my installed PSP ISC/CSO.
Happy to report that was not the case!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu