Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure but i believe it's really semi bricked

When softmodding did the following

1- instaled bootmii on boot2 no problems, and created a nand backup

Then updated to 4.2

2- used nusd 13beta extra script with europe region and got the latest wad files
3- copied all of the wad files from each nusd folder (EXCEPT the "0000000100000001 [v4]" wich would overwrite boot2), therefore copied 47 wad files into sd card
4- got wadimport 0.2 into apps and installed each wad manually

Then used trucha bug restorer

5-downgraded ios15 with no ios reload
6-installed new ios36 with nand permission ON (wich was off by default) using ios15
7-then using ios36 restored ios15

Now the stupid things i did....

Used any title deleter to delete ios222, 223, 249, 250

After this my hbc was upside down (and as a noob i didnt figure out it was expected, so looked in google for a fix) wich brought me to attempting to install cIOS36-v3094-v3.5.rar
and using Dop-ios to install
IOS61 v4890 with NO sig hash check

by then i understood i didnt know what i was doing, so i used my previous nand backup to restore funcionality
and it did, got 3.4E again, but with a strange grey area on the lower part

I tried then to once again install all wads using wadimport, except for boot2v4 wad of course, and thing is, wii doesn't boot now unless i get the bootmii sd card into it, altough it works if i restore nand backup
I simply can't update it using wadimport anymore cause it stops booting, no error no anything, just gotta restore with nand backup

Thanks for reading, if you have a useful opinion i'd be glad to read it, if you don't know what you'r talking about please don't come spam

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
get the dop-ios ver 8 or 9 and update the IOS's including IOS70 only patch 36 and 70 and then install the system menu in the system menu section but make sure the region part is correct for version 8

ng80092a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks longtom but, what does that aim?
i mean, i just wanna understand why it doesn't boot without the sd card once i get unpack the 47 wads trough wadimport

wich step caused the problem?
if i restored nand, would any of my previous ios actions have an effect?
or is it because i unpack all the wads except the boot2v4 one?

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
yo, what are you trying to install... 4.0-4.1 or 4.2?
the way i did it was to dl each of the wads via NUSD (like you), however only put the wad files on SD, not the 0000000001 folder.
this way, you have more control over what you install.

all you need for 4.0/1 is 60 patched (ES_IDENTITY and TRUCHA) and then straight 61 for HBC (and sysmenu)
for 4.2 you need a patched 70 (ES_IDENTITY and TRUCHA) (and sysmenu) - NOTE: install patched 60 and vanilla 61 anyways if doing this.

--trucha restore before or after this step as required.

if doing it this way, there is no automation, but you know what you are doing...

then install waninkoko's and Hermes' extra cIOS as needed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30