Hacking 3.4, Backup Launcher and future updates...

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just read the following from Nintendo-Scene:

QUOTE said:
Wii System Menu 3.4 November 18

Nintendo has once again released an update to the Wii. This update installs a new System Menu, bringing it to version 3.4. The Wiimpersonator is reporting that a new IOS module, IOS50, has been added, with updates to IOS31 and IOS37. It is strongly recommended that you hold off on this update, as by accepting it, you are agreeing to allow Nintendo to install future updates without you knowledge. To receive the benefits of the new Mii Channel, you can use CashMan’s Mii Channel Updater.

From WiiBrew:

The announcement lists these changes:
USB keyboard support in Mii Channel
Enhanced parental controls
Twilight Hack version 0.1beta1 cannot be copied to the console.

Two other changes have been noted:
Improved SD card read/write speed
Improved disc reading

Update appears to include IOS50 (used by menu) and IOS254 (a copy of IOS9, to block PatchMii).

From the changed Nintendo EULA:

“We may without notifying you, download updates, patches, upgrades and similar software to your Wii Console and may disable unauthorized or illegal software placed on your Wii Console to ensure that your Wii Console is operating properly and efficiently, comply with applicable laws, assist law enforcement, protect us and our customers, or prevent the use and distribution of software obtained through improper channels.”

Is the part in bold, going to be a problem for me? I used noob's guide to get me up and running, able to play 1:1 backups through the backup channel 0.3g. However I am running 3.4E (which I believe is the latest). Do I need to be worried about the future updates? Should I downgrade to be safe?

Thanks!

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they just reworded what has always been there. literally. they moved the words around. it's nothing new. is it possible they may autoupdate you? yea, possible. will it inevitably be solved by some hacker if that actually does happen. yes. worry not.

the latest "updates" were "solved" by people right here at gbatemp, most not hackerish types at all.

nintendo has to face it, their system has been pwned.

Logan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I am not worthy!
bow.gif

Ok thank you again
wink.gif

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
noobwarrior7 said:
they just reworded what has always been there. literally. they moved the words around. it's nothing new. is it possible they may autoupdate you? yea, possible. will it inevitably be solved by some hacker if that actually does happen. yes. worry not.

the latest "updates" were "solved" by people right here at gbatemp, most not hackerish types at all.

nintendo has to face it, their system has been pwned.

Haha, I totally agree Nintendo's been schooled. But you know what, I don't feel bad for them considering they've sold like a kabillion units with a pretty piss poor lineup of games!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc