Hacking 3.1-3.4 Twilight/Downgrade/Gamma Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted User

It depends on who are you getting your package from.

If it's from me, it's 002 fixed for sure

FunkDoctorP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

So this guide works like a charm, except now I can't play Eternal Darkness (either through the Wii's disc channel or through GCBoot). Would anybody know how the resolve this, or, failing that, how to undo all the the stuff in the guide?

D

Deleted User

Give full details on what happened, legit copy, what you did.

You won't be helped if you don't give details you know.

FunkDoctorP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
afif95 said:
Give full details on what happened, legit copy, what you did.

You won't be helped if you don't give details you know.

I followed the steps in the original guide exactly, and now have the system menu 3.2U/homebrew channel/backup launcher/etc installed. I can play Wii backups and originals fine. No Gamecube games seem to work through the Wii disc channel (this is normal, right?), but I can play the other Gamecube game I have (P.N. 03, legit copy, NTSC-U) through GCBooter 1.0. When I try to load Eternal Darkness through GCBoot (again, legit NTSC-U version) it comes up with an error message on the first screen and tells me to restart. I've googled around and saw a couple of mentions of a GC Audiofix, but that seems to just be modchip thing. Any ideas?

D

Deleted User

hmm.....

Error message?

Could be either:

a)Bad disc

b)Your lens has to be cleaned

Betse

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't get it. I upgraded my Wii some time ago, not knowing of this homebrewchannel.

So I followed the instructions, I installed the homebrewchannel with the 3.4 twilight hack which worked fine.
Then used the wad manager to install the v257 wad.
Restarted wii to get into the homebrewchannel again.
And then installed the cIOS fix with the other wad installer which has no info. I assumed that was the one referred to as 'Custom WM'.
Restarted wii to get into the homebrewchannel again.
Then started the IOS downgrader, which asked for confirmation on the 'use with caution' message. A to confirm B to restart Wii, so I pressed A. Immediately a message comes up which says: 'Press any key to restart Wii'? WTF, that's not what I wanted.

Where did I go wrong?

edit: maybe this information might help:
I have a SanDisk Ultra® II SD™ 2GB card. I tried the procedure with nothing but the hack, and the downgrade stuff on the freshly formatted card. Both in FAT16 and FAT32.
Also tried to install the ciosfix with the normal WAD manager.
edit2: I also tried with a 16mb Canon SD card, same result

edit3: Nevermind, that just means the downgrader was installed. Maybe a message saying so would be nice though.

The Blue Bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, first of all thank you for the guide, but secondly I have a problem. I have been following everything you said, I have installed the homebrew channel and am up to step 2. When I run the IOS Downgrader 1.1 it comes up with this:

ERROR! (ret = -116)

Can someone tell me what this means? And a way to help me fix it and run the downgrader? I only have the files that are in the Gamma pack on my SD.

I am using Ver. 3.4E
So I need to downgrade quickly.

What will happen if I don't downgrade soon? Will my Wii be bricked? Or do I even need to downgrade at all? I only want to use this for things like cheat codes in games, and maybe a few emulators like GBA, SNES or NES. If I installed these two now, would it brick my Wii?

Please help me...

newton316

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys im currently on 3.3u and would like to downgrade to 3.2u as its the most reliable so they say...anyway, i already have the HBC and the downgrader in my SD but i can't downgrade as i have no internet connection on my wii...is there anyway i can downgrade back to 3.2u without internet connection?how?thanks a bunch...

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I already ran RadioShadow's guide to install the cIOS, so does that mean that I will have to reinstall of the wads previously installed, cIOS_fix.wad and the others? Will I also need to run Shop IOS51 again?

D

Deleted User

No, you jsut need a run of cIOS Downgrader. Point it at 3.2X

Didn't I tell you that back on that thread?

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much everyone who gave advice on this thread, i have successfully followed the advice from EOC's brilliant guide and now have back up working. I've been reading alot about this for a couple of months now and took the plunge and am very happy it's worked! Thank you EVERYONE for your advice especially EOC and Afif95. I notice that it's not letting me on the shopping channel, i wonder why? I've followed each and every advice on the guide. It says i should update the channel but i don't want to undo all the work and so will leave it for now. Thanks again!!
bow.gif

madmax23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much for replying so fast!
bow.gif

I followed the part where it says "Load "Install Shop IOS51". Say Yes to installing IOS51 and Yes to patching a fix but No to the Wii Shop Channel". and said no to the wii shop channel, should i have said yes? And if so is it okay to do this now after installing everything (gamma,starfall etc).

D

Deleted User

Yea, it shouldn't interfere with anything.

If you read the guide a little bit more, you would've notice that you've done the right thing (Yes,Yes,No)

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I am almost ready to start this up. First I have a few questions.

1. I have previously used cIOS downgrader to change the IOS of 3.4. Wii this guide still work?

2. I have previously used Install Shop app (same in this tutorial) so will I need to run it again?

3. I have already installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and cios_fix.wad. Do I need to install them again?

4. I have Animal Crossing, so what do I do to make it playable?

D

Deleted User

timishu said:
OK, so I am almost ready to start this up. First I have a few questions.

1. I have previously used cIOS downgrader to change the IOS of 3.4. Wii this guide still work?
What you used is actually IOS Downgrader, not cIOS Downgrader

2. I have previously used Install Shop app (same in this tutorial) so will I need to run it again?
No

3. I have already installed IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad and cios_fix.wad. Do I need to install them again?
No

4. I have Animal Crossing, so what do I do to make it playable?
Install IOS 38

Please don't make me hate you. I already stated that you could just use cIOS Downgrader. Point it at 3.2 X( X being your region)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome