Status
Not open for further replies.

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
DVDx for 3.4 was released today, i'm not an expert on this stuff, but does this change anything for running backups on 3.4? Would we still need to install the Cios and IOS files or would it be possible to run it all from the SD card without having to downgrade?

Still wouldn't work because the loader would need to be upgraded as well as cIOS and all that fun stuff, and even if they were upgraded, how would you install them, the bug we use was patched in 3.3 and only Twiizers knows the new bug they use to install the Homebrew Channel on 3.4

micric100

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cactusjack901 said:
micric100 said:
DVDx for 3.4 was released today, i'm not an expert on this stuff, but does this change anything for running backups on 3.4? Would we still need to install the Cios and IOS files or would it be possible to run it all from the SD card without having to downgrade?

Still wouldn't work because the loader would need to be upgraded as well as cIOS and all that fun stuff, and even if they were upgraded, how would you install them, the bug we use was patched in 3.3 and only Twiizers knows the new bug they use to install the Homebrew Channel on 3.4

What do you mean? I have the Homebrew Channel on 3.4, and this thread (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9730) shows a way to get the backup launcher on 3.4, but you still need to install a Cios wad and a IOS16 wad, and I thought maybe with the DVDx on 3.4 it would be even easier

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
micric100 said:
cactusjack901 said:
micric100 said:

What do you mean? I have the Homebrew Channel on 3.4, and this thread (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9730) shows a way to get the backup launcher on 3.4, but you still need to install a Cios wad and a IOS16 wad, and I thought maybe with the DVDx on 3.4 it would be even easier

I was mistaken then, forget everything I said

DDRPenguin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Just out of curiousity, I know in the guide it says to choose your region, and make sure we do it. But has anyone actually tried to do a Region change through this. Like, downgrade from 3.4U to 3.2J ? What happens if you do it? Do you get a bricked wii?

D

Deleted User

Unless you agreed to the region changing that cIOS Downgrader asks for, it will brick your Wii

parse

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im trying this with a 3.3 and it doesnt work.

Ive tried this with 3.1, 3.2 and 3.4 and it works. Only 3.3s doesnt work.

Why is that?

goldrake

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
This tutorial is great and I have followed it but have got stuck in Step 3.
Starfall is installed without a problem but when I try to install the wiigator cIOS36 rev7 I get an error -1017.
BTW I am a complete newbee to the console scene.
As additional info my wii was 3.3E but following the tutorial I downgraded to 3.2E.
Can somebody help me out? Since I am soo close but yet soo far.

gstav

Trophies
XP
Country
Great guide EOC. Succesfully downgraded my wii 3.3E wiikey 2 to 3.2E with your help!
laugh.gif

Got stuck in som places though. Think it was my wiikey who blocked some of the wads from installing.
Can´t wait to triy playing trutcha signed games and some which didn´t worked before and see if
they´ll work now!

Fingers crossed! Thanks again!

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
thankyou EmperorOfCanada, you replied to my email in minutes and the guide/files worked perfectly first time.

new2wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tj_cool said:
El Rey said:
If I have software v3.1u, is installing Starfall recommended.
Yes, but it only works on 3.2
...El Rey do the update to 3.2U
lecture.gif
to get the gamma loader to work and do your self a favor and INSTALL Starfall...because Starfall is important... It is at this time one of the only ways to fix a
partially bricked Wii. It is also handy for skipping disk updates.
I did all this a couple of times
yaynds.gif
and it's ALOT easier than I was making it out to be
unsure.gif

See my post... http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=119...p;#entry1591116

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
afif95 said:
Starfall is OUTDATED.

Get preloader, please.

Well, preloader has a more nice brick recover method(lauch HBC), but the brick chance with preloader itself is higher(just format and you are bricked).

D

Deleted User

That's correct WiiPower.

But anyhoo, I'm just standing up to the point "Starfall is outdated"

goldrake

Trophies
XP
Country
Malta
goldrake said:
This tutorial is great and I have followed it but have got stuck in Step 3.
Starfall is installed without a problem but when I try to install the wiigator cIOS36 rev7 I get an error -1017.
BTW I am a complete newbee to the console scene.
As additional info my wii was 3.3E but following the tutorial I downgraded to 3.2E.
Can somebody help me out? Since I am soo close but yet soo far.

I have read the entire 36 pages of this thread and elsewhere and have found no direct solution to this problem but have maybe come to some solutions, which might be the following:
1. Remove DVDx (which i had installed before starting this tutorial)
2. Remove IOS249.
3. Uninstall CIOS37 using CIOS uninstaller.

Does anybody think that any one of the above would solve my problem?

BTW EOC I have a set of video files that show the exact steps of your tutorial, with the same file names and everything. The only thing is that they are watermarked 'Hombreware'. If you want them PM me and I will pass them on to you to include in your tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2