Status
Not open for further replies.

drbeanz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question for installing starfall 0.5

I have followed the tutorial to install Hbc on my wii console (3.4J, no mod-chip). It works great so far.

I did the following steps:
1. Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
2. Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
3. Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.
4. Load cIOS Downgrader in Homebrew channel, pick 3.2J ..........all fine here

when loading starfall, I got this:
System menu v288 found, the hack only works with 3.2E(v290) and 3.2U(v289)
Exiting..............

I have to stop here, because "Starfall" won't work with the 3.2J. I successfully downgraded to 3.2J. When I inserted the game disc (Original, not backup) "Naruto Shippuden Gekitou! Ninja Taisen EX 3", the game channel only showed "Wii update", instead of the game icon. (and I didn't update it). Now the only way I can play the game is via Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma with error002 fix (without problems so far).

My questions are:

A. May I skip the starfall (I understand its functions), and go ahead to continue the rest of the steps, like the cIOS installer, IOS 51, wiishop......?

B. I try to play a copied game "wii bleach versus crusade" with backup laucher gamma. It only said "disk error 349" (burnt with Imgburn at 2X on a Maxwell DVD-r). It is not the same problem as other people reported disk read error 324. Is it due to bad cios or burning process? (someone suggested I need IOS249, should I try this, cIOS249-IOS36-rev07.wad?)

Thanks a lot, and the guide so far works very well.

simplyBacon

Trophies
Website
www.prizerebel.net.tf
XP
Country
afif95 said:
simplyBacon said:
Thanks for this awesome tutorial !
smileipb2.png

Although I'm confused on one thing.
unsure.gif

Its about Step 1 & 2.
Do we have to use BOTH IOS and cIOS downgrader for our Wii to be downgraded or can we just use one of those two and go straight to step 3?

You need both of them.

IOS Downgrader downgrades your IOS so it would be trucha-bugged.

cIOS Downgrader downgrades your firmware

Thanks for the answer !
Gladly appreciate it.
biggrin.gif

Wiiman8709

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+Load Wad Manager in Homebrew Channel and install IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
Yes, even if you have received errors trying to install other wads this should still work.

+Load Custom WM in Homebrew Channel and install cios_fix.wad
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.

+Load IOS Downgrader in Homebrew Channel. Just follow any prompts until it tells you it is complete.

Ok...of the steps above, here is what has happened:
When i tried to do the cios_fix.wad using custom wad manager, i got an error. Then i got it to load using just the Wad manager. now.. i am getting a 1035 error whenever i try the IOS downgrader. Is this because i don't have an internet connection for my Wii? I haven't tried cIOS downgrader yet but i did notice that it does have to have an internet connection. I just want to know if that why i'm getting the 1035 error with IOS downgrader?
Thanks in advance.

mantacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to all who generated and contributed to this thread, I have successfully downgraded thanks to you guys.
It didn't fix my core problem but it sure helped cross another variable off the list.
Back to the subject matter, ran into a ret error on the first step - but luckily I read through the whole list and realised every step has to be resolved before continuing and a simple reinstall of the files onto my sd card resolved this issue. After that it was smooth sailing all the way to 3.2E Isle.
Cheers to you all these kind of resources are invaluable.

uka

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a firmware 3.4E and have HBC installed and running. Cannot get the Backup Launcher running because I can't install cIOS.
It says it is installing ios36 from the internet and then after 15/15 says there is an error 1017!
Does it have to do with the fact that at the top right hand corner it is written ios36 etc.?
I would really appreciate some advice! Thanks!

JaapDraad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have upgraded a friends Wii using this tutorial.
I installed all options for Starfall exept the health warning and the wii menu BGM.
All the region free setting are on.
And I installed another Back-up Channel and removed HBC.

Apart from that I followed the Tutorial

Now my friend just called. he bought an original version of Guitar Hero World Tour on the internet and it will not play.
I can only imagine that he has got an NTSC version of the game instead of PAL.

Could that be the case?
Are there known problems with running original games?

JaapDraad

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Problem solved.
I did some research on this fabulous forum and I found out that the problem is that GH WT needs IOS37.http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130540"" target="_blank"> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130540.

I fixed the problem by enabling disc updates in starfall, then run the update on the GH WT disc and finally disabling disc updates in starfall again.

However I have a nagging feeling; I am afraid that I forgot to install IOS38-64-v3690.wad. when I downgraded this particular Wii. Could that have caused the problem?
My line of thinking is that if GH WT need IOS37, it would have run with IOS38 as well.

Comments are highly appreciated

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
JaapDraad said:
Problem solved.
I did some research on this fabulous forum and I found out that the problem is that GH WT needs IOS37.http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130540"" target="_blank"> http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130540.

I fixed the problem by enabling disc updates in starfall, then run the update on the GH WT disc and finally disabling disc updates in starfall again.

However I have a nagging feeling; I am afraid that I forgot to install IOS38-64-v3690.wad. when I downgraded this particular Wii. Could that have caused the problem?
My line of thinking is that if GH WT need IOS37, it would have run with IOS38 as well.

Comments are highly appreciated

If a game want IOSx, it loads IOSx whatever is installed there. If you have 200 other IOS installed don't matter if the one the game wants is missing.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i have to be on wii version 3.4 to downgrade my wii or can i downgrade it from my current version which is 3.3u.

this is my reason for asking because of this other guide i saw http://gbatemp.net/index.php?act=ST&f=108&t=112945

take note i may have miss read your guide or the other guide but i think you does mention you can downgrade from 3.3 if i am correct.anyother reason for me asking is i currently don't have a zelda game on me right now so i don't want to upgrade if i'm not going to be able to downgrade.

D

Deleted User

If you read the guide thoroughly, you would know that it works on both 3.4 and 3.3

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cannot install this wad with Wad Manager. This is a custom wad manager designed to work for IOS16.
i get an error when i try installing ciso fix wad

i am using custom wad mannger for that file

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fst312 said:
i get an error when i try installing ciso fix wad

i am using custom wad mannger for that file

can anyone help me fix my problem i'm on wii 3.3 as i said before.

D

Deleted User

Make sure you installed IOS16. If you did and still got that error, try the normal WAD Manager

Ergo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone verify for me if it's bad to swap step 1 and 2? I apparently made the error of following another guide and downgraded from 3.4U-->3.2U without doing the IOS downgrade? Everything works fine but I cannot get Starfall to load (always turns up "Failed! Exiting...") and I guess it's because I didn't downgrade IOS but I'd like to be sure before I bork something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer