Hacking 2DS Versions/Serial Numbers

2DSHereHey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do all 2DS come with firmware under 9.2? Or are there certain serial numbers/versions that come with firmware that is higher?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
well any that are brand new will almost certainly be under 9.2, im sure there will be plenty over 6.x though, some come with tomodachi life pre-installed in EU which is a 7.x game, so they have to come on a minimum of 7.x, 6.x was when they were first released, i know the 2DS isnt all that popular, but im sure they will have gotten through the first batch by now XD

for a brand new console i guess the highest you would be seeing would probably be around 8.x, if its second hand it could be absolutely anything (between 6.0 and 9.9) regardless of serial

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
well any that are brand new will almost certainly be under 9.2, im sure there will be plenty over 6.x though, some come with tomodachi life pre-installed in EU which is a 7.x game, so they have to come on a minimum of 7.x, 6.x was when they were first released, i know the 2DS isnt all that popular, but im sure they will have gotten through the first batch by now XD

for a brand new console i guess the highest you would be seeing would probably be around 8.x, if its second hand it could be absolutely anything (between 6.0 and 9.9) regardless of serial
Do not underestimate the lack of popularity of the 2DS. Here in the states, I picked up a Mario Kart 7 2DS bundle during Black Friday sales November 2014. It came with 6.2 out of the box. And this wasn't from an obscure shop either. I bought this from Best Buy on eBay. I still see plenty of Mario Kart 7 bundles for sale at places like Gamestop too. Getting a 6.2 console is simple stuff.

Edit: At least I believe it was 6.2. It was definitely 6.x, and I think 6.2 was the newest when 2DS's went into production.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Do not underestimate the lack of popularity of the 2DS. Here in the states, I picked up a Mario Kart 7 2DS bundle during Black Friday sales November 2014. It came with 6.2 out of the box. And this wasn't from an obscure shop either. I bought this from Best Buy on eBay. I still see plenty of Mario Kart 7 bundles for sale at places like Gamestop too. Getting a 6.2 console is simple stuff.

Edit: At least I believe it was 6.2. It was definitely 6.x, and I think 6.2 was the newest when 2DS's went into production.
It was 6.0 actually.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

well all im saying i i think the maximum FW for a brand new 2DS would be 8.x, sure there will probably be plenty of 6.x stock left in shops, but there was still plenty of 4.x 3DS XL's (when 4.x was all the craze) but that didn't mean that 4.x was the maximum version available

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
well all im saying i i think the maximum FW for a brand new 2DS would be 8.x, sure there will probably be plenty of 6.x stock left in shops, but there was still plenty of 4.x 3DS XL's (when 4.x was all the craze) but that didn't mean that 4.x was the maximum version available
I think 7.x is basically it, and even then, I wager that's only Tomodachi Life bundles in Europe and maybe Yoshi's New Island bundles in NA. I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo stopped making 2DS systems ages ago, and stores are still just coasting off the stock they've been slowly shifting for awhile. It's reasonably safe to assume that 7.2 is basically the limit for 2DS out of the box firmwares.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1