Hardware 2DS suddenly not turning ON anymore

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I played approximately an hour Dragon Ball Fusions (a US eshop cia file) on my 2DS this afternoon then slept, forgetting to turn it off. I usually play with the console plugged on the house current but didn't this time.
I slept around five hours and the console had run out of electricity when I woke up. So I plugged it on and the charging LED went on. After an hour, it refused to turn ON when I pressed the ON/OFF switch. Now, it has beeen two hours since I put the charger on it but it still won't work. (the charging LED is still okay)
It doesn't help to remove the SD card.

The console was on a desk in a stable position, the room wasn't neither hot nor very cold. And the wireless signal was active with ctr-httpwn (the alternative one) in background.

Any idea of what happened?
I'm pretty disappointed to lose another 2DS: I took especially care of this 2DS after my first one broke because of its SLEEP. I never used it outside, the console stayed mostly inside a plastic protection (except for a few occasions where I needed the touch screen), and it totalized less than a few weeks of play in terms of hours.

Console informations:
- 2DS
- System 9.2
- emulated NAND system: 11.2 (started through home menu hax)
- one year old.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Bmsortiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried turning the 2ds on without the SD Card in? Had an uncle who had a 3ds not booting to menuhax and his SD card was actually loose.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@VinLark @Bmsortiz Sorry I had forgotten to write it. And interruptor was a bad attempt at translating "interrupteur" ^^". I meant switch.

@wormdood Being on a few hours with a paused game just melt a composant? :wtf: (I am starting to hate this model)
I checked some sites, and the price goes from 2euros the fuse to 40€ the reparation ( shipments fees excluded). What is a reasonable price? (I have no knowledge and no material to perform electronical interventions)

Reactions: Deleted User

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
try replacing the battery with a new one
If the battery was dead, I could at least use the console plugged on the house. It's currently impossible zlthough the electricity comes through.
But I'll ask to check then. ^^ (in any case, I have to find a repairman, since I have no mean to change the battery + my broken 2SD battery is probably dead after almost one year noy being used)

@ItsKipz What?! Is this hopeless? :wtf: That was my piracy console . -_-'

@LightShell That's not what I was asking. At all.
I have a New 3DS, I never play around with its opening system and it was already becomng loose after 6months. If I liked this form of console, I would have bought a DS, and wouldn't have wait the 2DS release to change from my original GBA.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the battery was dead, I could at least use the console plugged on the house.

Well, can't hurt to unplug the battery, hold the power button for a few, then plop the battery back in.

I've repaired quite a few 2ds with the same problem. usually it's a loose connector or some gunk on the board. I'm not sure what's up with yours, but they're super simple to take apart. wouldn't hurt to take a look and compare it to what healthy boards look like. Once you get to that point and software is ruled out, I mean.

Reactions: wormdood
D

Deleted User

After having a DSLite, DSI, and 2ds all break from regular use, i think im staying away from the *DS line for now, they seem to be very unreliable from my experience. I'm thinking of getting a psp/vita tho, sad to see my ds go but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Too bad the vita has almost no games.

Reactions: Arbterin

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@ItsKipz I don't even use it regularly nor did I gve it a bad treatment (it stays in box for extended times if I don't use it). It has been months since the last time I played before I tested Fusions today. ^^"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee