2023 Newest Hwfly Oled V5,V5+ deluxe

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
I think you would need to reball the eMMC for those clam sockets to get reading on the eMMC, so once again applying heat to the eMMC.

What I did with mine is that I went ahead and upgraded the nand to 256GB on my OLED switch but I didn't want to cut the SoC frame nor did I want to redo the whole process of soldering the original eMMC back onto the OLED switch to get a backup (I needed the backup to restore on the new upgraded nand). So instead, I resoldered the original eMMC onto a v1 switch board and used an eMMC reader I got off aliexpress to make a nand backup in ubuntu. So that's my long winded way of saying you can get a copy of the nand backup on the eMMC if you resoldered it back onto a v1 board and use a v1 switch with hekate to grab the backup.

It's like the perfect time to upgrade the nand once you have it off.
Do you create emuMMC after upgrade? Is it gonna become 256GB partition by default instead of 64gb?

Reactions: FXDX and Takezo-San

Johnny_debt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you create emuMMC after upgrade? Is it gonna become 256GB partition by default instead of 64gb?
I don't create emuMMC after upgrade as I prefer to play in sysmmc (sysnand) since I get the faster speed on upgraded samsung emmc. If one does not use the upgraded internal storage then I guess the upgraded nand at that point is useless.

You can create a emuMMC that is smaller than the nand.

Reactions: FXDX and jkyoho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw