Switch don't Boot. Only RCM with PC.

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Normally people use AWG40 or AWG30, the smaller the wire the better, if you use thicker wire, higher chance of you ripping pad.
Okay, then I'll get some other wire for the future. So far, however, everything has gone well with the wire. Thanks for the tip

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Does anyone else have any ideas what I can look for? How could I find the error?
If I am not contacting Dat0 correctly, how could I find out?

PhynxVT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Unfortunately it sounds like your nand ic has died, since it was entering rcm mode prior to the mod chip install, the mod chips will not work if the nand ic isn't functional, I ran into a similar issue with a v2 switch that had a dead nand module

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunately it sounds like your nand ic has died, since it was entering rcm mode prior to the mod chip install, the mod chips will not work if the nand ic isn't functional, I ran into a similar issue with a v2 switch that had a dead nand module
So the only way is to swap the nand?

PhynxVT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Since you are unable to get into hekate and backup the current nand, yes you will most likely need to swap it out with a working nand IC then the mod chip 'should' be able to get you into hekate and from there you'll need to follow an unbrick guide using a set of donor prodkeys etc, i've never done it on an oled so I can't say for certain that it will work.

Note that if you do manage to unbrick it the switch will have a blank serial number and will never be able to be used on the nintendo eshop or any game that uses nintendo servers for multiplayer

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since you are unable to get into hekate and backup the current nand, yes you will most likely need to swap it out with a working nand IC then the mod chip 'should' be able to get you into hekate and from there you'll need to follow an unbrick guide using a set of donor prodkeys etc, i've never done it on an oled so I can't say for certain that it will work.

Note that if you do manage to unbrick it the switch will have a blank serial number and will never be able to be used on the nintendo eshop or any game that uses nintendo servers for multiplayer
Is there a possibility to boot in hakate without eMMC?

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Enamel should be fine, people recommend smaller guage wire, commonly something like awg 30 to awg 40, obviously the smaller the wire, the better.
Then I should be on the good side. It seems my wires are 40awg or so.

Attachments

• 2023-12-09-08-59-28-261~2.jpg
    2023-12-09-08-59-28-261~2.jpg
    559.2 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Hayato213

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible that a reball could be enough to make the eMMC work again?

Does it make sense to use such an adapter if the eMMC has already been replaced?
Post automatically merged:

I would like to buy a new eMMC. Should it be the same as the one already installed?
(i.e. the SKhynix) or can it also be a different one, e.g. SanDisk?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Last edited by Schn1ek3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1