OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello,
i'm sorry for double Post.

I installed a Picofly v5 today (which is similar to the hwfly) but my switch only starts in RCM mode (it already did before the installation). The Picofly flashes short-long-short.
Can anyone help me with this problem?
I have measured the wiring and everything seems to be connected. Unfortunately, holding the power button for a long time does not get me out of rcm mode.

Edit:
I Have an OLED Switch

HawaiianInTown

Friendly Neighborhood Hawaiian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I installed a Picofly v5 today (which is similar to the hwfly) but my switch only starts in RCM mode (it already did before the installation). The Picofly flashes short-long-short.
I have measured the wiring and everything seems to be connected. Unfortunately, holding the power button for a long time does not get me out of rcm mode.

Edit:
I Have an OLED Switch
This should help you diagnose going forward but can you also add pics of your chip install. As crisp and detailed images as possible. Did you install yourself or someone else?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231208-072019_1.png
    Screenshot_20231208-072019_1.png
    251.6 KB · Views: 29

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This should help you diagnose going forward but can you also add pics of your chip install. As crisp and detailed images as possible. Did you install yourself or someone else?
I Install it.
*=* No eMMC Block 0 ready (eMMC Initiative failure?) This ist my failure.

I Hope you can Help me.

Attachments

• P_20231208_213318.jpg
    P_20231208_213318.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 30
  • P_20231208_213001.jpg
    P_20231208_213001.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • P_20231208_212926.jpg
    P_20231208_212926.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
  • P_20231208_212904.jpg
    P_20231208_212904.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 22

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
possibly because of the insulation. but thicker cables usually have lower resistances, don't they?
Could it be because of the cables that it doesn't work?
Right I might remember wrong. But do please check over all connections with a multimeter and see if they got good contacts.

EDIT: Also is this a V2 Switch? I would like a closer look at the eMMC connector so there is no issue there.
EDIT2: Oooh... it's a OLED. Check the DAT0 connection. Since that's the eMMC.

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Right I might remember wrong. But do please check over all connections with a multimeter and see if they got good contacts.

EDIT: Also is this a V2 Switch? I would like a closer look at the eMMC connector so there is no issue there.
EDIT2: Oooh... it's a OLED. Check the DAT0 connection. Since that's the eMMC.
I measured the connections I found on the internet and they looked good. Likewise the D0 from the eMMC. Is there an overview of exactly how I can check all the points? (especially D, the one where you have to scratch free)

I'll take another picture of the eMMC and add it right away

Edit: does it make sense to solder Dat0 directly to the chip instead of the flex cable? (point C)
Edit2: I have tested all connections with a diode test against ground. All connections looked good. 0.5V - 0.8V

Attachments

• P_20231208_221038.jpg
    P_20231208_221038.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 30
Last edited by Schn1ek3,

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I measured the connections I found on the internet and they looked good. Likewise the D0 from the eMMC. Is there an overview of exactly how I can check all the points? (especially D, the one where you have to scratch free)

I'll take another picture of the eMMC and add it right away

Edit: does it make sense to solder Dat0 directly to the chip instead of the flex cable? (point C)
Edit2: I have tested all connections with a diode test against ground. All connections looked good. 0.5V - 0.8V
Well the point doesn't look good to be honest. Maybe fix it up a bit? Also yeah solder directly to the chip instead of the cable. I mean less points of failure.

cilione

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

Edit:
I Have an OLED Switch
If the devlce was stuck in RCM-mode before Picofly, couldn't it be due to problems with the eMMC?

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well the point doesn't look good to be honest. Maybe fix it up a bit? Also yeah solder directly to the chip instead of the cable. I mean less points of failure.
I have re-soldered it. Error is still there.
Post automatically merged:

If the devlce was stuck in RCM-mode before Picofly, couldn't it be due to problems with the eMMC?
That could be possible. I was hoping to find out with Hekate. But I can't even manage to boot into Hekate.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Since the chip must possible to glitch you won't be able to.

I think it's around the dat0 the issue is.

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is it possible that the eMMC becomes defective if the Switch is left unused in the docking station for a while?
Because the Switch suddenly stopped turning on after it had been in the docking station for a while.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Is it possible that the eMMC becomes defective if the Switch is left unused in the docking station for a while?
Because the Switch suddenly stopped turning on after it had been in the docking station for a while.
Well I don't trust those floppy ankors at all. They are dodgy at best.

Schn1ek3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The black thing you have under the eMMC. I think the black one is the worst (from what I've read)
Ah, that's what you mean. could it be that I've got the wrong pin? According to the diode test, I've definitely got something.

Your wire is quite thick
The wire is awg28. The insulation is slightly thicker.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, that's what you mean. could it be that I've got the wrong pin? According to the diode test, I've definitely got something.

The wire is awg28. The insulation is slightly thicker.

Normally people use AWG40 or AWG30, the smaller the wire the better, if you use thicker wire, higher chance of you ripping pad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Metoroid0 @ Metoroid0: im more interested in metroid prime 4