Hacking OLED with HWfly v4/v5 won't boot

redmagejosh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Hi guys, I have an OLED switch that now has decided not to boot.
It is running on of the HWfly from the last batch before the RP2040 took over the scene. And also has latest hwfly-nx.
It worked fine las sunday but today it is stuck with this behavior, see video below

This had happened once before, I opened the switch that time and checked but everything was connected and in place. I tried to boot after that and it worked so I dismissed it as bad luck to glitch but it is happening again today.

Any help would be appreciated.

boagamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys, I have an OLED switch that now has decided not to boot.
It is running on of the HWfly from the last batch before the RP2040 took over the scene. And also has latest hwfly-nx.
It worked fine las sunday but today it is stuck with this behavior, see video below
View attachment 419912
This had happened once before, I opened the switch that time and checked but everything was connected and in place. I tried to boot after that and it worked so I dismissed it as bad luck to glitch but it is happening again today.

Any help would be appreciated.
I'm 99% sure the cpu capacitor is not soldered properly.

redmagejosh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
Do you know if you have a V4 or a V5?
It is a V4, just checked.
Post automatically merged:

I'm 99% sure the cpu capacitor is not soldered properly.
Ok, I'll double check the soldering here but I kinda doubt it. It looked pretty solid under the microscope
Your 99% is wrong cause this issue is related to D0. I've seen this so many times to know its the usual culprit.
This has always been a point in which I wonder if it is not the culprit since mine is just stuck by contact, meaning my D0 adapter is solderted to the board and such but not to the actual point since I've read that soldering could potentially cause issues with the emmc in the long run due to the introduction of other solder and the reheating of the chip itself.
Is there any adapter that is prefered or know to have better success?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol