Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Before losing my patience to a group of teenagers that don't give a damn about other people's problems... Here I come to a comunity that people can have as much patience as me, I belive...

I'm pretty new to PSP, got mine this monday... I already enabled CFW GEN-C via MHUspeed or whatever is the name, and I'm downloading a small game just for testing.

Question is: Can I format/delete everything in the Memory Stick after the CFW is enabled? Alternatively, can I safely remove it if the light isn't blinking?

I still don't have anything besides my 2gb MS, but I plan on getting a micro sd adapter soon. meanwhile, I just want to keep the ms only with games. Is there any con with that?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
NOpe, the CFW is running off the memory stick so you need that, hence why its called a semi-hack. Once you enable the CFW its only there until you turn it off (because flashing the files would cause a brick)

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Yanazake said:
Question is: Can I format/delete everything in the Memory Stick after the CFW is enabled? Alternatively, can I safely remove it if the light isn't blinking?

You can format it, but you'll need to put everything needed to enable CFW back if you plan to turn off the PSP. And yes, you can remove the MS once you enabled the CFW if needed, just remember which is the CFW MS as you'll need it after reestarting the PSP.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
I expect that Yanazake is a bit confused given the above two messages directly conflict each other...

When you enable chickhen and your temporary CFW you're sticking the info into your PSP's RAM (contrary to the above claim it runs from the Memory Stick). It doesn't need to be continually refreshed from your memory stick but remains lodged in the volatile memory until you flush it with a hard reset. Therefore yes you can format your stick but if you run out of power or into an issue which causes a shutdown (these aren't that uncommon tbh) you won't be able to re-enter "CFW mode" without going back to your PC and putting all the files back onto your MS.

Personally i'd suggest you leave the Hen and the firmware files on your stick and live with the fact that they take up a tiny bit of space....

Yanazake

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
They take up a tiny bit of space from my tiny memory stick, but that's ok xD

I WILL have to buy an original and BIG memory stick if I want to be sure I can play whatever I want, whenever I want... õ_o'

Or else, I can keep carying around both sticks, being one just an adapter

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Yanazake said:
They take up a tiny bit of space from my tiny memory stick, but that's ok xD

I WILL have to buy an original and BIG memory stick if I want to be sure I can play whatever I want, whenever I want... õ_o'

Or else, I can keep carying around both sticks, being one just an adapter

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yWIobzBdKc