Gaming 2 Problems with SSBB NTSC-U on PAL (Ingame stuff)

Tamazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heya, first time posting, long time reader on these forums
smile.gif

I just burned SSBB NTSC-U with the No-dual channel fix and the game works fine (Except for green lines at top at start and had some lag at intro movie untill i changed deflicker). But when i'm in some match fighting, the screen is a couple of cm lower then supposed to, so can't see all of the 100% hp thingies, "loading" etc. at the bottom, just partially. I've tried different modes on my tv (4:3, widescreen, super zoom and stuff like that) but doesn't help.

Also, was just in fighting a match vs kirby in the singleplayer emissary thing, and the game froze and a loud noize occured (like "PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" or however to describe it), i guess things like that happen and only played for like 5m so i hope it was some fluke
smile.gif

Any one has a clue about why the screen is lowered? Thanks in advance

-Tamazin

Tamazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed to 50Hz since the screen was all black first time i started it, so 576i.

Game crashed again, this time at 2nd emissary stage

Edit: Just to clearify, i'm using a 1st gen PAL Wii (Bought at release date) with Wiinja deluxe chip
Edit: Started emissary again, and this time the movie lagged somewhat, and i had some white/grey lines at top at character select (and then ~1-2 inches of black nothingness below, and then the actually game screen)
More edits: The game lagged alot this time around, so i tried restarting the wii to see if that'd solve it. Noticed i had green lines at top when my wii booted this time. Going to see if it lags ingame now

piepants

Trophies
Website
itspudding.com
XP
Country
Are you using component cables or composite?

If you're using a composite cable, the reason it went black in 480i mode is because SSBB then tries to start in 480p instead - which obviously won't work over a composite cable, or if your TV doesn't support 480p.
smile.gif

Tamazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using the standard cables composite cables, tried just plugging em into my tv as well as using them through a scart/rgb thingy

Tamazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TDK DVD+R DL cds. I'm more worried about the game and my wii lagging then the crashes tho, but solving any of the problems would be nice
biggrin.gif

I burned at 2.4x speed, i read some tried first fast speed (i.e. x8) and had lag, so they burned at x2.4 instead, while others burned at x2.4 and had lag so burned at x8. Maybe i should give that a try.

Edit: After writing here (and on two other forums) my Wii was off since the lag thingy occured, and decided to try some more. No lag this time, nor green lines or anything in wii menu. But game did crash after like 30s on 1st stage emissary. Going to try burn the same ISO at x8 speed to see if that helps, as well as trying some other modes and see if it crashes there as well.

shane1972

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi,

I got the game going by doing the mp3 trick.
The game has only crashed once so far but is playable until a pal version is released.
I have a wiikey 1.9g with 3.2e as firmware of wii.

Cheers Shane

Tamazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing normal stage mode and i'm currently at stage 9 with no crashes, when i finish those i'll try more emissary to see if thats where the problem lies.

Tamazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, for some odd reason, after finishing, what, 11th? Last stage in stagemode anyhow, i tried emissary and my screen looks like its supposed to now (as in, i can see the % at the bottom etc.), and still haven't gotten a single crash (4th stage atm). Yayh!

OmerMe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
It happened to me in the JAP version, just put your Wii on 60Hz
and the freeze must be because of Mario's FLUDD, it happens with Squirtle's water gun too, it happened to me two times but then disappeared

jaapie18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
OmerMe said:
It happened to me in the JAP version, just put your Wii on 60Hz
and the freeze must be because of Mario's FLUDD, it happens with Squirtle's water gun too, it happened to me two times but then disappeared

I Have those chrashes too in the singleplayer emissary. And how can you play this game in 60hz. I have an pal wii and if i run it in 60hz i don't get a screen of the game.

Tamazin

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've done 20% of emissary now without crashes. Dno why but after doing stage event its running smooth as hell, i'm never going to turn of my wii now do risk messing it up again xD

EddyB

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dude's, listen up;

To play SSBB on 60hz and get rid of lag and crashes;

Put your wii in 50hz mode
Boot SSBB
Go into the options menu and put "deflicker" OFF
Go back into the Wii Home menu
Put your Wii in 60hz mode
Boot SSBB

When you start SSBB you won't see anything until the intro movie so it takes a few seconds, so dont start crying right away.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro