Hacking 2 firmwares 1 mSD card?

matcon5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered a DSTWO from Kickgaming today, while waiting for it to arrive I figured I get some advice/thoughts.

I can't for the life of me find it, but someone posted they had both AKAIO and EOS on one mSD card so he could use either his DSTWO or Acekard.
How would you go about doing this? Can both firmwares share the .sav files without issue? Are there any other problems that might occur in doing this?

That's all I was wondering about so far, now to just sit and wait....

Cheers!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No problems should occur; I have ten on mine (AKAIO, SCDSONE EOS, SCDSTWO EOS, DSTT, SCDSONE old OS, iPlayer, EDGE, EDGE Clone, Some R4 clone, EZ-Flash Vi)

matcon5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
And there's no issues with sharing sav files with multiple firmwares? Somehow that almost seems too good to be true lol..

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If the saves won't work you can always use Shuny's web save converter
smile.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I think that there's no trouble with 'sav' between Firmware/OS as long as they are in the same 'format', & I think most 'popular' card all use the RAW format

If you look @ Shuny web you'll see that
Acekard 2, CycloDS, M3 Simply, NinjaDS, R4, Supercard CF, Supercard One, Supercard SD & Top Toy DS are all under the same option - so I'd guess they are the same type of sav file

matcon5

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh, and just to clarify this for me.. I'll be using the DSTWO on my DSi XL, does this mean I don't have to flash the DSTWO's internal firmware?

ReverseViceVersa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HAHA you're refering to MY post
tongue.gif
And fasho, it works like a charm. I have AKAIO 1.6 RC2 AND of course, _dstwo firmware folder on my 8gig class 6 transcend microSD
biggrin.gif
All saves from AKAIO should work, and you don't have to change a thing. Once you get your DSTWO, just drag the files from the DSTWO download over to your microSD and all saves from your Acekard 2i should work without a problem. Make sure the saves are in .sav format and are from AKAIO, the .savs from Acekard's original OS aren't compatible because they arent 512k i guess. But yeah i tested the microSD on both my AK2i and SCDS2, no problems at all :]. Great success

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
matcon5 said:
Oh, and just to clarify this for me.. I'll be using the DSTWO on my DSi XL, does this mean I don't have to flash the DSTWO's internal firmware?
No you don't need to do a firmware flash to use it on the DSi XL. If you were using a DSL you would want to update it to the 1.05 firmware for the autoboot to function correctly.

BTW, ReverseViceVersaHAHA you're refering to MY post
tongue.gif
And fasho, it works like a charm. I have AKAIO 1.6 RC2 AND of course, _dstwo firmware folder on my 8gig class 6 transcend microSD
biggrin.gif
All saves from AKAIO should work, and you don't have to change a thing. Once you get your DSTWO, just drag the files from the DSTWO download over to your microSD and all saves from your Acekard 2i should work without a problem. Make sure the saves are in .sav format and are from AKAIO, the .savs from Acekard's original OS aren't compatible because they arent 512k i guess. But yeah i tested the microSD on both my AK2i and SCDS2, no problems at all :]. Great success
I think he was referring to my post which you (ReverseViceVersa) replied to in that thread
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7