Hacking 2.3 switch here

cholaloula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone, I went away from the scene for a long time now...i let my Switch waiting as I wish to have coldboot one day (thx SciresM), anyway I wish now to have the possibility to use Atmosphère with my Firmware Version (I know, No Mario oddissey, etc.) But all Guides I see are for superior firmware (I know about choidujour, etc.). Does anyone know if it's possible to launch Atmosphere from 2.3 and how? Thanks To everyone!

KuranKu

I am KranK
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
See no reason to stay on that firm .. update to 6.2.0 without even taking a second to think , atmosphere 0.8.3 curretly working greate special when ypu setup every little thing the way you want or need and besides there is so much to do after updating and injecting atmosphere the setup will take hours of ypur free time , so your will be busy for sure ;)

Keigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If you make a backup (which you MUST DO anyway) and then update using ChoiDujour and stay using AutoRCM you can update without burning fuses, so you get to enjoy the latest firmware while also having the option to downgrade to any firmware from 2.3 to the latest. So, say, if in the future a coldboot solution is developed just for 4.0 systems you would be able to restore your backup of your 2.3 system then update to 4.0.

cholaloula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I know all that and thank you for your answers, I was just wondering theorically how to do it as If don't feel in a rush for the latest Firmware. I think it's doable, maybe not understandable, bitte also I'd like to be 100% sure i don't burn my gc reader fuse

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be able to launch Atmosphere the same way as you'd launch it on higher firmware.

Just put your switch into rcm and push the Fusee-primary payload with the appropriate Atmosphere files on your SD card.

You won't need to worry about your gc reader updating unless you update to 4.0.0 or higher firmware with ChoiDujourNX, even if you do Atmosphere (when booted from Fusee-primary) by default will disable your gc reader (prevents the update) if it detects your switch has a burned fuse count that implies your original firmware is 3.0.2 or lower.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,
Reactions: cholaloula

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I know all that and thank you for your answers, I was just wondering theorically how to do it as If don't feel in a rush for the latest Firmware. I think it's doable, maybe not understandable, bitte also I'd like to be 100% sure i don't burn my gc reader fuse
For the best game compatibility, it's recommended you update to 6.2.0 using ChoiDujourNX. You can install AutoRCM at the same time to prevent your fuses from being burnt.

As for your GC slot, you can prevent that from being updated too using the proper Hekate settings, but in the long run, it probably doesn't matter. While you are blocking the GC slot from being updated, you will not be able to use it on 6.2.0. In addition, it's unlikely you will need a functional GC slot for whatever reason you have to downgrade (e.g. a coldboot exploit).

cholaloula

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You should be able to launch Atmosphere the same way as you'd launch it on higher firmware.

Just put your switch into rcm and push the Fusee-primary payload with the appropriate Atmosphere files on your SD card.

You won't need to worry about your gc reader updating unless you update to 4.0.0 or higher firmware with ChoiDujourNX, even if you do Atmosphere (when booted from Fusee-primary) by default will disable your gc reader (prevents the update) if it detects your switch has a burned fuse count that implies your original firmware is 3.0.2 or lower.

Nice, didn't know there was a Check of the fuses! Thank you very much and thanks to each one you who answered, everything is perfectly clear now! : )

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*