Android 2.2.3

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know of a version of minecraft that will install and play on this version of android? I keep getting a parsing error on the newer versions of the game that I've tried.

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
According to Minecraft Wiki, you should be able to play every version, since it requires 2.3 or higher since 0.6.0
Notice for Android users: Starting with this update, Minecraft Pocket Edition requires Android 2.3 or later. This means the game no longer supports Android 2.1 or 2.2, but you will still be able to play older versions of Minecraft Pocket Edition.
I bet your phone doesn't have an ARM7 CPU, so it won't run.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
It would've been nice if you had also told phones model, like matpower said android version is only one factor and there may be other things that game needs. Also if possible I would highly recommend trying to upgrade to 4.X for security reasons.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah my bad, I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II.

Anyways, I tried a rip-off version of the game and really didn't find it all that interesting. But I definitely need to upgrade my phone soon so I can play every game that I want to play.

Rocc0

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Also if possible I would highly recommend trying to upgrade to 4.X for security reasons.

The problem is, he most likely needs to root and flash the 4.x rom himself since it's an old Samsung phone and Samsung is pretty awful when it comes to releasing OS updates for their phones.

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
The problem is, he most likely needs to root and flash the 4.x rom himself since it's an old Samsung phone and Samsung is pretty awful when it comes to releasing OS updates for their phones.

Main reason why I have started to avoid samsung branded phones at all costs, other one being that if they happen to update something they usually take easy routes and mess everything up.

Like you said it's old phone so it shouldn't hurt to try rooting if doing safety measures as warranty has most likely already ended, new features and security patches are always good thing. Of course that also means that phone definitly is old and was budget phone from beginning then maybe even considering upgrading whole phone if you want to do more demanding stuff with mobile.

Drink the Bleach

This New Member died on Sep 10, 2014
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah my bad, I have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit II.

Anyways, I tried a rip-off version of the game and really didn't find it all that interesting. But I definitely need to upgrade my phone soon so I can play every game that I want to play.
Survival craft is the best minecraft ripoff and is arguably better than minecraft on Android.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-