1805 - Final Fantasy 1 and 2 (U)

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everybody should buy this game. It's really simple--if we put money into the ports like this, it will convince Square that there's a market and they'll port other games. We could hopefully look forward to Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 6, and others. Either on the DS or the GBA.

MeLLo JeLLo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One thing to say about the game. The music is damn good. AND IN STEREO! You get an extra feeling of deepness.

Zelda Minish Cap don't have any stereo music wich is a bit flat to my ears when I use earphones.

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Everybody should buy this game. It's really simple--if we put money into the ports like this, it will convince Square that there's a market and they'll port other games. We could hopefully look forward to Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 6, and others. Either on the DS or the GBA.
Final Fantasy 6 is coming to NDS, you don't have to worry about that.
laugh.gif

GyroidFanatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Everybody should buy this game. It's really simple--if we put money into the ports like this, it will convince Square that there's a market and they'll port other games. We could hopefully look forward to Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 6, and others. Either on the DS or the GBA.
laugh.gif
I know FFIII is, but I never heard anything about FFVI.

Insinion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Everybody should buy this game.  It's really simple--if we put money into the ports like this, it will convince Square that there's a market and they'll port other games.  We could hopefully look forward to Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy 6, and others.  Either on the DS or the GBA.
laugh.gif
they are the same
biggrin.gif
FF III is the english version of FF VI

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
laugh.gif
My reply wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at dib.
tongue.gif

Chrono1102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh III is III now, don't you get it? When someone says III they mean III not VI. VI isn't even slated for any type of release. Let us hope that if VI ever comes out, that it is on the GBA and NOT the DS. Why did they bother putting FFIII on the damn DS? What the heck is that stupid stylus gonna be used for anyway??

[Edit] just rambling.... :gbasp:

Chronickilla

Trophies
Website
www.goodylands.com
XP
Country
United States
The differences are a new story section for both games, think side quest. And repackaged sprites, graphics, and I think some dialogue was either changed entirely or has had a clearer translation.

Here is a rough idea, taken from the GameFAQs message board for this game...

1.New dungeons in FFI
2.New chapter in FFII
3.FFII level system is easier
4.FFI Mp system is like later FFs
5.Names have been re-translated eg: Gareth = Ricard
6.Re-designed face graphics in FFII
7.All items are cheaper in both FFs
8.Some new items in the bonus stuff.
Im pretty sure that the grapcics in FFI were also upgraded. They look very very nice.

qjtrinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This port is refinished for the GBA just like how Super Mario 3 was.

I played the GBA verision of Mario3 and it was awesome.. i even bought the real game. Then i played the NES version... the graphical differences are quite significant.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The point is that the Final Fantasy game coming out to the DS is FF3, not FF6. That's why there was so much attention over the fact that it will be the first time the game has ever been ported.

Which is great, but I've been enjoying FF3 for some time now thanks to the english translation and PocketNES. I really want Final Fantasy 6 on a handheld system, and my hope is that by showing Square the demand is here for these great games on the GBA and DS they will finally get around to it.

QUOTE said:
Meh III is III now, don't you get it? When someone says III they mean III not VI. VI isn't even slated for any type of release. Let us hope that if VI ever comes out, that it is on the GBA and NOT the DS. Why did they bother putting FFIII on the damn DS? What the heck is that stupid stylus gonna be used for anyway??
I take it you don't have a DS, because anybody who has one would be saying the complete opposite (like myself, for example). There is more to the DS than just a touch screen after all. The superior sound and graphics promise to make Final Fantasy 3 into a far better game than it ever was originally on the NES.

If FF6 does ever get ported it will pretty much have to be on the DS. The larger screen resolution is a must, and thanks to the DS hardware Square would most likely condense the Playstation video and include it in the game. Besides, on a game like FF6 music actually matters, and who would possibly want to hear Nobuo Uematsu's mangum opus score on a single mono speaker in an inferior gaming system?

Anyway, I can hardly wait to get this game. I'm happy to hear about the stereo sound since it will undoubtedly sound great through my DS speakers.

Phoenicks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
phoenicks.modblog.com
XP
Country
United States

listen to what this post says!

this is a BUY if you want squeenix to continue to support nintendo hardware...

AWESOME_noob

Trophies
XP
Country

ReyVGM

Game Endings Master
Trophies
Website
www.vgmuseum.com
XP
Country
Hehe.
The worst thing about n00bs is that they want everything RIGHT NOW! and they don't even bother to learn how to do it themselves for future downloads.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1