1762 - Shaman King Master of Spirits (U)

leoboiko

Trophies
Website
namakajiri.net
XP
Country
Brazil
is there a (J) release? of this rom?
According to Gamefaqs:

QUOTERelease Data
Shaman King: Chou Senjiryokketsu 2 King Records 07/26/02 JP
Shaman King: Master of Spirits      Konami     11/09/04 NA

It is the same as that 2002 game?
blink.gif

I think I'll try the (J) version. Love You's voice too much and I'm afraid of hearing the English acting.

ohoni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really enjoyed this game.

The level make-up does vary. You have to get from one side to the other, but some are horizontal, some vertical, some have moving platforms, etc. Just think of the map as Castelvania, with each "bubble" as it's own room.

You also do get all kinds of spirits as the game evolves, including shields, fireballs, etc. Pretty much anything that was in Aria of Sorrow. You even get a whip at one point.

There is no "running", per se, but you do get a "dash/long jump" move that you can chain to faux-run.

You do get Matamune in the second to last level.

It took me 6 hours to complete with a 97% completion rate, and I'm still missing spirits 19, 49, 53, 66, and anything above 68 (matamune). 67 can only be gained by beating the game. Not sure if there's a special bonus for beating it on hard.

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Actually I have to agree with remnic.

Seeing the name Konami & some people saying it were a castlevania clone I immediately gave it a spin.

I could not have known how wrong this was. You just walk from a to b all the time, platforms hanging in the air which you jump up to to get some stuff. Then you walk on and reach the end of the 'level'.

VERY dull. Very repetitive, very bad level design.

Dont anyone ever dare compare something like this to the greatness of Castlevania again
ph34r.gif
!

ohoni

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How far did you get? I've played every Castlevania for the GBA (and SOTN) and loved them all. I found this game to be a solid imitation, if obviously not a true Caslevania game itself. The first few levels were rather dull, and did lack originality, but then every single castlevania game starts out with that same dull hallway full of zombies so who are they to judge.
wink.gif

By the end of the game you have such traditional Castlevania elements as the slide, dash, dash jump, pendular whip swing, and 68+ total spirits to manage.

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
... it seems that Chou Senjiryokketsu 2 is another game?
shy.gif
 I am confused with that gamefaqs page.

So, where's the (J) release?Â
smile.gif
I pretty much think this is a complete north american release... 1) the names 2) the dubbing 3) the sorta silly story (at least until I am)
laugh.gif
;;

Of course, this does have Kcej's name on the initial logos, but I believe it's only for game production (programming, music, manga-like graphics) and/or licensing... I still think they should have released the card games (Chou Senshi Ryakketsu 2 and 3, first one is Gbc), with or without the original story, because I like Shaman King's card game but I have a hard time figuring what each card does
happy.gif
;

ANYWAY, I also like Yoh's original seiyuu/voice actress, and I was disappointed by the dubbing of this game (seeing how I love japanese dubbing...), BUT: the gameplay, graphics and musical composition makes it worth playing, a lot, so don't actually understimate this game and try to play it, even with the north american influence, it IS a good game for any Shaman King fan ^^

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest, I couldn't bare play more than a few levels. Dull backdrops, boring gameplay.

Castlevania starts out great with entering the castle mostly, and even then it gets varied *fast*. I've played almost every Castlevania out there, and liked most very much.

For me this (Shaman King) is not better than any of the other standard side scrolling game , unlike Castlevania.

However, that might only be me
smile.gif

Edited.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think that's the problem with Castlevania, if there ever was one, is that it IS fast. Although this game just gives the illusion of depth with a "map," You can't beat all the spirits you can play with on zombie fodder!

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Reading your post, stivsama I think you misunderstood me.

Hence the edit above.

Since you have to revisit a lot of stuff in castlevania, some of them are indeed huge and do not annoy you when you get back to an area where you've been too much hours ago (SOTN of course is the best here).

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Since you have to revisit a lot of stuff in castlevania, some of them are indeed huge and do not annoy you when you get back to an area where you've been too much hours ago (SOTN of course is the best here).
I understand every one has their point of view, and I respect your preference for Castlevania since I also like it a lot, but... I didn't understand your point here?? On this game (Shaman King: Master of Spirits) you also do need a lot of revisiting and a little exploring for getting 100% (which I still didn't made, I think I'm on the half ^^;).
So I think this pretty much plays like Castlevania, except it doesn't has area maps or complicated status and movement systems... hell, it's even a Konami game XD

Strider

Next to the mainstream
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My point being, that while Castlevania is so big, it's no problem having to revisit stuff, but shaman king is pretty boring and dull, so it's even more dullness.
tongue.gif

Ah, hell, I just don't like it!
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1