1743 - The Legend of Zelda Fushigi no Boushi (J)

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can you say, "Photoshopped" or what?
Unless that's for real, but usually they would rather post in-game pics rather than title screens.
Whatever! It's not photoshopped it's from the Japanese ROM.
smile.gif

MonkeyHead79

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Actually, after fumbling through the game for a bit and arriving at the second dungeon, I've decided it's not worth my time. They really screwed up on the navigation in this game -- it's dull, repetitive, and confusing. I've already come across about 3 bombable walls that aren't obviously marked as such, and yet must be bombed for you to continue. That's what they did in the first Zelda game, and, if you ask me, that was the biggest annoyance of it by far. It's also hellishly hard to refill your health while roaming around -- hearts seem to be rarer than red rupees in most areas.
dry.gif

Not to say that the game doesn't have its high points, but when I play a Zelda game I expect Zelda gameplay. Not Metroid-ish navigation.

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I started play this yesterday, and got past the 4th dungeon last night, I wouldn't say the games bad though, it's just super easy. I haven't died once, and even though the game can get tricky in parts (mostly due the me not speaking or reading a word of Japanese) I think if this game was in english I'd have already beat it.

This has to be the shortest Zelda game yet, I'm not dissapoint as much as I am underwelmed...

Powerlord

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shaunj66: i'll have a look in the rom with a tile editor see if i can find those.. not sure why but I have a feeling it's trying to use the wrong characters. that isn't japanese as you can probably see...
Actually, it probably is Japanese... but shown in single byte encoding. You see, Japanese character sets are usually double-byte encoded, because there are so many symbols. Which, when converted to 1 byte, makes a bunch of funky characters appear.

Dirtie

:'D
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Guys, just a quick question. In the first dungeon how do I put the pot down on top of that switch... I can only seem to throw it.

EDIT: NM got it XD

bongi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Famitsu gave it 35/40 (10/9/8/8) - GBA GOTY if you ask me.

Luse how do you know the game is short if you only got to the 4th dungeon yet wtf?
biggrin.gif
There is also lots of stuff that can be discovered for extra items and whatnot (like the 100 or so hidden kinstones)! Anyway, anyone playing through this without knowing japanese is certainly ruining the whole experience for them. But whatever floats your boat i guess.

D

djvaporous

Well I started play this yesterday, and got past the 4th dungeon last night, I wouldn't say the games bad though, it's just super easy. I haven't died once, and even though the game can get tricky in parts (mostly due the me not speaking or reading a word of Japanese) I think if this game was in english I'd have already beat it.

This has to be the shortest Zelda game yet, I'm not dissapoint as much as I am underwelmed...
i think theres a lot more miniquests though cuz all the people in town seem to be asking for something difrent

ShadowXP

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You see, this is what confuses me:

The ROM is apparently the "Japanese" version, but some people are saying that it isn't real Japanese, or the characters are in the wrong places. There is also a code that translates certain text into ENG/ITA/SPA/ etc., so the game must have ENG/ITA/SPA etc. in it's memory, right? Which is why I'm guessing that ENG/ITA/SPA in dialouge is in there, too. We just can't find it.
wink2.gif

Luse

Now with more MOOSE!!!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Famitsu gave it 35/40 (10/9/8/8) - GBA GOTY if you ask me.

Luse how do you know the game is short if you only got to the 4th dungeon yet wtf?
biggrin.gif
There is also lots of stuff that can be discovered for extra items and whatnot (like the 100 or so hidden kinstones)! Anyway, anyone playing through this without knowing japanese is certainly ruining the whole experience for them. But whatever floats your boat i guess.
Because I know someone's whose already beaten it
frown.gif

Xeago: You need to go to the house in town with a bird on top of it, learn the Spin attack move and then show it to guard blocking the left exit...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good deal. I love Sun chips. I also love Rye chips, and had to order some from Amazon cause can't find in stores much anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking subways like that'll be $3
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is funny how they replaced the $5 foot long sub, with a 1" wide $5 foot long cookie or cinna stick, cheap asses
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They still have but it's like $10 cookies honestly not a bad deal for $5
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bidenomics
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/1Ic2tqw_AmM?si=JprHwElZWw_oO_ii