Hacking 15% Trick, 3.1 & 3.2 Wii (BRAWL) - Help.

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, my friend is still quite edgy about the 15% trick, I myself can't blame him, pulling the plug on a console whilst in an update would seem like console suicide to someone who hasn't read about it/heard about it/done it themselves. He isn't convinced that it is 100% safe on a 3.1E or 3.2E Wii between 15% and 30% of the update. He bielieves that it will only work at the precise time of the bar under the W, not even a second later!

The people whom have tried the 15% trick and got it to work successfully on either a 3.1E or 3.2E brawl without bricking their wiis, please post here, and if you know anyone on the boards whom has actually semi-bricked or even bricked their with on 3.1E or 3.2E doing this, leave their names, I'm trying to prove to my friend it's safe before I do it with his console as he is edgy about it... I also don't want to make the promise that theres no chance it will brick and it does. So please help me convince him. Thanks.

P.S: He's new to all this modding stuff etc, so it's understandable. I myself have read a lot about it, and how it works etc, but he still needs to be convinced and myself alone, will not convince him.

Edit: I've done the 15% trick myself in front of him to try to prove him wrong, but he still believes something could go wrong.

People getting it to work correctly.
-----------------------------------------
FoulPlay
ReBound

Rebound

Trophies
XP
Country
I've done both the 15% and whole way and they both worked flawlessly

the update goes really slowly so it isnt hard to get the right moment

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, Anyone else willing to contribute? I know there are hundreds of people that got it to work without a problem on this website.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's not 100% safe. They put the warning not to power off your console during an update for a reason. There is a risk involved. Now, it does seem the risk is quite small with the 15% trick as there have been almost no reports of problems. I assumed there would be many more reports of bricked consoles myself. But to tell your friend it's 100% and that nothing could go wrong - you know that's just not true. If you are so insistent on getting your friend to try why not put your money where your mouth is and offer him a new Wii (or yours) if something goes wrong.

FoulPlay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how things could go wrong really if I've done my own and a few other friends are actually willing to try theres themselves.

Right now it doesn't matter due to that patch released for SSBB

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I did it on 3.1E right after the W, so in other words between W and E, and it worked fine.

3.2E is out? :S

Lazycus: I haven't seen any warning like that anywhere. Actually it says "if you do not agree to this update, please hold down the power button to shut down the console". If there was a risk, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't say that.

Still, that there isn't any risk in turning off the Wii under an update doesn't mean there isn't a risk in updating it with a foreign region update.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...