1485 - GBA Video: SpongeBob Squarepants Vol. 1 (U)

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
roll on a free version of the caimans codec...
There is no free version of caimans.
...Hence why I said "roll on a free version of the caimans codec" and not anything else...geez what else can that imply? In case you still don't understand I am saying that I am hopeful Tony Savon will release a free version of his codec in the future. Even the standard version say without custom video encodes would have better quality than these video releases, plus you could put something decent onto your GBA instead of crappy SpongeBob and co.

dry.gif

Akiraro

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The quality is crap but the sound is good.
Try using a high quality headphone with your GBA/SP and you will see that the sound is also very bad.

The idea (video on GBA) is good but the result is poor. I think the GBA is simply not powerful enough to play video movies. Even if they use a 1024 mbits card to achieve a higher quality in video/audio, I think the GBA will not be able to play them at 24fps (realtime for a human eyes)

eldryne

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
More fun facts:

-The video quality is crap...would you buy a DVD if the picture was anything like this?

-The Caimans GBA video codec is better than this and can hold 60 mins of video at better quality.

-For $20 you could buy a real GBA game or DVD not a crap hybrid.

-You can watch SpongeBob and many other episodes on TV for free.

Yeah admittedly I havn't had the chance to flash this on my cart yet and watch it through a real GBA but even if if does display better on hardware it will still suck bad...The GBA just isn't meant for this... roll on a free version of the caimans codec...

p.s Is this release labelled as V001 or 1485?

smile.gif
Thank you! You said it - the GBA just isn't meant for this, period. Ugh. Shame on the parents (and others) who are actually going to put down hard earned money on this tripe, and shame on Nintendo for giving it the 'seal of quality'. Yikes.

MaD_mAnIaC

In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
QUOTE said:
More fun facts:

-The video quality is crap...would you buy a DVD if the picture was anything like this?

of course i wouldn't... but remember, this is a gba, not a dvd player, and for gba i don't think it's that bad....
but yeah, it isn't worth 20€, in any way.

DjFIL

Trophies
Website
homepage.mac.com
XP
Country
Canada
Wahoo that patch worked for me. Here's a more direct link to the patch download:
http://www.nexus3000.altervista.org/forum/...xe_1485_fi1.exe
Besure to have the file named trm-sbv1.gba before trying to patch it.
After you patch it take it to FATv8 and do FF and 00 striping and it will work.
Just flashed and played it successfuly on my F2A 256mbit.
biggrin.gif

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it surely is a big download file, certified 56k killer!
I'm surprised the other volumes have not come out in rapid succession, are they released once a week?
At least I know what the first four episodes actually are.. This IS the first appearance of Spongebob on TV, right?
It's still too big.. download's never going to end..
Oh, will I be the only one waiting for an actual GBA game that's also 31+ MB?
laugh.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
More fun facts:

-The Caimans GBA video codec is better than this and can hold 60 mins of video at better quality.

-For $20 you could buy a real GBA game or DVD not a crap hybrid.

-You can watch SpongeBob and many other episodes on TV for free.

Yeah admittedly I havn't had the chance to flash this on my cart yet and watch it through a real GBA but even if if does display better on hardware it will still suck bad...The GBA just isn't meant for this... roll on a free version of the caimans codec...

p.s Is this release labelled as V001 or 1485?

smile.gif
I'm a die-hard SpongeBob fan and even I know you're right. I actually think the only reason Nintendo let Majesco do this is to compete with the PSP's upcoming (and much, much, MUCH better video quality) media library. It's kind of funny though, Nintendo selling out for something that's not very high quality. Selling out how you ask? well all this time Nintendo has been saying how they're all about Video Games, not media in general, and thats why they don't add media capabilitys to there hardware, but then they allow majesco to do this and become total hypocrits.

Shame on you big N, shame on you....
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...