• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

13 Russians, 3 businesses indicted by Mueller/Rosenstein in connection to Trump

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 39,471
  • Replies 594
  • Likes 11

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hillary being a pathological liar for one. Another was that I hated her policies. And my own conservative bias.

I'm not saying Trump is amazing, or even good. But when he lies, there's reasoning behind it.

Hillary lies 'just because'.
Could you elaborate on this? Because I'd like to remind you that one of the very first things Trump said as President was that turnout to his inauguration was the best in history

Even if she had great policies that were guaranteed to work, I still wouldn't trust her. She has repeatedly shown an inability to tell the truth, even when facts are staring her in the face and it would be more beneficial to tell the truth.
Again, could you elaborate and/or give me an example? And then, what influenced you to believe that? (Not just "how she is", but specifically what news, when/where it came from on what sites/mediums, etc)

Reactions: KingVamp

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
The electoral college is independent of the popular vote. How the results are reported and how EC members talk with each other is a closely guarded federal secret. Not even the Russian government can pierce a closed system like this, no matter how much they want to.

All of the tactics you're talking about were designed to increase Trumps popular vote, which doesn't make much sense seeing as how trump LOST the popular vote.
You misunderstand. 80,000 votes in two states is what the difference was in winning the electoral college. I'm well aware Trump lost the popular vote, a Republican hasn't won the popular vote and the presidency since Reagan. Between everything I already mentioned and your standard GOP voter suppression tactics, I suppose that shouldn't surprise anybody.

I'm not sure why you believe they would have to mess with the EC at all. You manipulate the votes at the state level and that manipulates the EC.

Last edited by Xzi,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not like it invalidates everything that is happening around Trump, but there is claim going around that a DHS official lied and Russia didn't hacked the election. I can't tell if this is real or not.

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Not like it invalidates everything that is happening around Trump, but there is claim going around that a DHS official lied and Russia didn't hacked the election. I can't tell if this is real or not.
If it's a claim from the Trump administration you can be pretty confident that it isn't true. Not to mention that DHS was just one of the intelligence agencies among all of them which confirmed.

How many cases of false allegations have been popping out right after Trump was elected? These people aren't making it any easier. He's going to stay president for 8 years.

https://sputniknews.com/analysis/20...an-Hacking-Lie-Expand-Bureaucratic-Authority/
Yes, surely "Sputnik News" is reliable when it comes to covering Russian activity on the international stage. :rolleyes:

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
We can't assume all allegations are false. People are being fired left and right, others indicted. It's indicative of something fishy going on.
I'm not assuming that they're false but I'm not assuming they're the truth either because the left has been fabricating lies for years now, between the swastikas sprayed on buildings by liberals and stuff

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If it's a claim from the Trump administration you can be pretty confident that it isn't true. Not to mention that DHS was just one of the intelligence agencies among all of them which confirmed.

Yes, surely "Sputnik News" is reliable when it comes to covering Russian activity on the international stage. :rolleyes:
When your mass media is controlled by one side of the political spectrum, there aren't many other alternatives.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
When your mass media is controlled by one side of the political spectrum, there aren't many other alternatives.
That's a ridiculous claim, there are plenty of non-biased sources to choose from. Non-biased doesn't mean they're going to ignore negative stories about Trump though, it's just that some people want to live a selective reality where Trump never makes a bad decision. I believe the proper term is "snowflakes" who need a "safe space."

Last edited by Xzi,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Mass media exists on both sides, lmao. Most news outlets, though, are partisan, and that sucks... but that's how it is. It's up to us to figure out what's true and what's not, unfortunately.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mass media exists on both sides, lmao. Most news outlets, though, are partisan, and that sucks... but that's how it is. It's up to us to figure out what's true and what's not, unfortunately.
And generally speaking, one can infer that "Sputnik News" is going to have a conflicted interest regarding Russian election fixing of a foreign nation

Reactions: KingVamp and Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Yup. Even on Fox News they have to check in with reality occasionally, though. Which is why Shep Smith and/or Chris Wallace have reported on just about everything that's been covered in this thread. I'm guessing most of their typical viewership doesn't watch those correspondents when they're on.

I'm pretty sure we're past the point of questioning whether crimes were committed when we've got Trump's campaign manager and his personal lawyer facing jail time. A lot more people close to Trump have been flipping on him recently to avoid the same fate.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Well, I don't even know how I found this claim in the first place, but when I was browsing google, I came across it from The Jimmy Dore Show.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, I don't even know how I found this claim in the first place, but when I was browsing google, I came across it from The Jimmy Dore Show.
I guess you'd know the reporting accuracy of that show better than I, but with just a cursory glance at a Google search I'd say the guy definitely has an agenda to push. Podcasts/Youtube probably aren't the best source of factual news regardless.

Last edited by Xzi,

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you'd know the reporting accuracy of that show better than I, but with just a cursory glance at a Google search I'd say the guy definitely has an agenda to push.
I don't. In fact, I haven't even watch that specific video yet. I was distracted by the title alone, trying to find where this claim is coming from. That's why I was having a hard time to see if this claim was true.

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I don't. In fact, I haven't even watch that specific video yet. I was distracted by the title alone, trying to find where this claim is coming from. That's why I was having a hard time to see if this claim was true.
If you can't find any article to back up the claim then it definitely isn't true. US intelligence agencies released their official joint statement on Russia's influence over a year ago, nobody's going to contradict that now unless it's a Trump stooge trying to sow doubt. Mueller's investigation would continue on at its steady pace anyway, and at this point it's become about a lot more than just the hacking.

D

Deleted User

Could you elaborate on this? Because I'd like to remind you that one of the very first things Trump said as President was that turnout to his inauguration was the best in history

That's called hyperbole, like, "Man, this football stadium has the entire nation in here!" Or "Man, everyone's targeting me in this online game, it's the worst."

Very different then outright lying.

Again, could you elaborate and/or give me an example? And then, what influenced you to believe that? (Not just "how she is", but specifically what news, when/where it came from on what sites/mediums, etc)

4chan

I usually get news from places like Reason and Fox News, but for really serious accusations like this I check her actual statements via YouTube. And for treasonous national-level that warrants a FREAKING INVESTIGATION, I check .gov sites for reports.

*COUGH*
*https://vault.fbi.gov/hillary-r.-clinton/Hillary R. Clinton Part 02 of 25/view*
*COUGH*

D

Deleted User

You misunderstand. 80,000 votes in two states is what the difference was in winning the electoral college. I'm well aware Trump lost the popular vote, a Republican hasn't won the popular vote and the presidency since Reagan. Between everything I already mentioned and your standard GOP voter suppression tactics, I suppose that shouldn't surprise anybody.

I'm not sure why you believe they would have to mess with the EC at all. You manipulate the votes at the state level and that manipulates the EC.

That's not including FPTP and the enormous amount of gerrymandering on both sides. But nonetheless I'm not going to argue the point, as accounting for the influence of the above variables on the election would be a full research paper on its own.

How exactly were they manipulating the vote? Social Media Campaigns are nothing new, and hacking the DMC didn't really set the Democrats back. Maybe I misunderstood the article, idk. In my opinion it was just influencing the vote. Manipulating would be hacking the vote count.

Last edited by ,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's called hyperbole, like, "Man, this football stadium has the entire nation in here!" Or "Man, everyone's targeting me in this online game, it's the worst."

Very different then outright lying.
"Photographs of the inaugural proceedings were intentionally framed in a way, in one particular Tweet, to minimize the enormous support that had gathered on the National Mall. That was the largest audience to witness an inauguration, period. Both in person and around the globe."
That is a direct quote from Sean Spicer, who at the time was supposed to be a direct connection between the press and our President
I usually get news from places like Reason and Fox News, but for really serious accusations like this I check her actual statements via YouTube. And for treasonous national-level that warrants a FREAKING INVESTIGATION, I check .gov sites for reports.

*COUGH*
*https://vault.fbi.gov/hillary-r.-clinton/Hillary R. Clinton Part 02 of 25/view*
*COUGH*
Could you explain what I'm supposed to be reading here? I get that it's about tHe EmAiLs, but as I recall she went through eight separate court proceedings and was found innocent. Plus nothing I saw was necessarily incriminating

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...