• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

13 Russians, 3 businesses indicted by Mueller/Rosenstein in connection to Trump

• Thread starter Xzi
  • Start date
  • Views 39,628
  • Replies 594
  • Likes 11

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aw it's okay, sorry for the uncomfortable question.

Don't apologize. I just have my reasons. I don't feel comfortable because having conservative beliefs and/or not having any kind of liberal belief is a crime punishable by public humiliation. I dare not express why I prefer one view over the other due to the fact I sense that there are people on here who hate my guts as is, due to recent actions. I'd best just... uh, be on my way. :( I won't name names, but I feel a sense of dread for daring to even express non-liberal beliefs, people strongly dislike conservative political stances on here anyway, it's tantamount to criminal activity. If you want more info, I wish people to PM me instead.

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

kuwanger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Bernie got his way as a true populist, the US would've become stronger as a country, not weaker as we are now.

That's the core of it, though. Republicans would have still had a strong hold on the House/Senate and currently D/R infighting means that opposing party Congress/President gets very little done as neither side wants the other to claim credit. Add to that that most the Democrats in Congress do not support Bernie's populist agenda*, and I think he'd see the same warm reception that the GOP had had towards Trump.

The Russian botfarms were also trying to frame Bernie and Trump as having basically the same policies, which was completely false.

That's an interesting thing I hadn't heard. Could you link me to a report outlining that?

* How much of the US population is for legalizing marijuana (or at least making it a State issue)? How many American support DACA? How many Americans want more gun regulation**? Pretty much across the board, there's a sizable majority (70%+) that support a lot of positions that Congress is unwilling to budge on. There's probably several other things that can be pointed to that have populist support which I don't see Congress moving on even with a very charismatic leader.

** People might not agree on things like the assault rifle ban, but they do tend to heavily agree on applying the same rules at gun shows as other places, limiting access to guns to those who have mental illness, and making sure current regulations are actually being enforced. There's also, undoubtedly, disagreement on the exact language, exact rules, etc to spell out these new regulations, but the general sentiment is clearly there with specific proposals having strong support.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
That's the core of it, though. Republicans would have still had a strong hold on the House/Senate and currently D/R infighting means that opposing party Congress/President gets very little done as neither side wants the other to claim credit. Add to that that most the Democrats in Congress do not support Bernie's populist agenda*, and I think he'd see the same warm reception that the GOP had had towards Trump.
Trump has the ability to get a lot done right now. He can't because his entire administration is a disorganized shitshow. That's not surprising given he has no governing or legislative experience, but there's no way things would be the same under any other president.

That's an interesting thing I hadn't heard. Could you link me to a report outlining that?
TBH it may have been many real Trump supporters claiming that as well, to try and sway Bernie voters who were angry at his primary loss. I can find stuff that briefly mentions these comparisons, but no articles specifically about that.

* How much of the US population is for legalizing marijuana (or at least making it a State issue)? How many American support DACA? How many Americans want more gun regulation**? Pretty much across the board, there's a sizable majority (70%+) that support a lot of positions that Congress is unwilling to budge on. There's probably several other things that can be pointed to that have populist support which I don't see Congress moving on even with a very charismatic leader.
Not moving on this stuff is different from directly attacking it. Thankfully weed legalization will continue moving through the states, and DACA was upheld by the courts.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't apologize. I just have my reasons. I don't feel comfortable because having conservative beliefs and/or not having any kind of liberal belief is a crime punishable by public humiliation. I dare not express why I prefer one view over the other due to the fact I sense that there are people on here who hate my guts as is, due to recent actions. I'd best just... uh, be on my way. :( I won't name names, but I feel a sense of dread for daring to even express non-liberal beliefs, people strongly dislike conservative political stances on here anyway, it's tantamount to criminal activity. If you want more info, I wish people to PM me instead.
Don't be afraid of sharing your thoughts, i can be an asshole sometimes, but in no way i will judge someone, no matter what they believe or think about. Of course i could get upset if someone hate or dislike, non straight people for example, but i wont judge him and will try to be as polite as possible.

Anyway, sorry again. You didnt have to reply back so for the third time, sorry for making that question :)

Last edited by DeslotlCL,
Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't be afraid of sharing your thoughts, i can be an asshole sometimes, but in no way i will judge someone, no matter what they believe or think about. Of course i could get upset if someone hate or dislike, non straight people for example, but i wont judge him and will try to be as polite as possible.

Anyway, sorry again. You didnt have to reply back so for the third time, sorry for making that question :)

Don't be sorry, I've just had bad experiences in the past, that's all.

Reactions: DeslotlCL

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Good, this is hopefully something everyone will support. We need to send the message to the world that our elections are our business and our business alone, not Russia's.
You should tell that to every country where the US decided to meddle in.

mikey420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was already political division since Bush, I don't see this as being any worse than usual. I just didn't want another Clinton in office. Sorry, not sorry, I never agreed with her in any way, all because she was a Clinton. Too bad there weren't other candidates who weren't complete douchebags.
Too bad you don't know how to write in. You don't have to vote for either side. And before you say it's just a waist of your vote just stop because it's exactly that thought process that keeps the sheeple in this loop of pseudo democracy....

Reactions: Subtle Demise

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too bad you don't know how to write in. You don't have to vote for either side. And before you say it's just a waist of your vote just stop because it's exactly that thought process that keeps the sheeple in this loop of pseudo democracy....

Gee, thank you so bloody much for assuming that you know everything there is to know about me, no really, I appreciate it. I'll be sure to take your advice more seriously from here on out. Not.

*Bending over* Please sir, may I have another?

Gimme a break.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to say the US has never done it themselves, but that doesn't mean we should just bend over when Russia joins in.
Also, Putin is a dictator. Nobody can mess with Russia's elections or they get polonium tea. They've been the US' biggest adversary for some time now, it should've been a big red flag when Trump started being buddy-buddy with Russia during the campaign.

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, Putin is a dictator. Nobody can mess with Russia's elections or they get polonium tea. They've been the US' biggest adversary for some time now, it should've been a big red flag when Trump started being buddy-buddy with Russia during the campaign.
No comrade, those are suicides, Dear Leader Putin deeply saddened by them.

GBAer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Now that Mueller has cleared Trump of any collusion with Russian and has found that the only Russian inteference in the 2016 election was a handfull of Twitter trolls, we can now give all
our support for...
trump2020.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.acepcs.com/products/wizbox-g-mini-pc-amd-r7-7735hs lol wizbox +1