Hacking 128 GB SD use with emunand 9.4 question?

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having the same problem, but I already took back my 128 GB card for a 64 GB card... so I would have had to resize my partition?

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
having the same problem, but I already took back my 128 GB card for a 64 GB card... so I would have had to resize my partition?
Apparently, 128 GB cards do work, just not mine or his or yours. I've seen a few people reporting success since the last post. If yours is PNY brand, it'll be the third non-working 128GB PNY brand SD card.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, 128 GB cards do work, just not mine or his or yours. I've seen a few people reporting success since the last post. If yours is PNY brand, it'll be the third non-working 128GB PNY brand SD card.
Mine was a Transcend 128gb card... i took it back and got a 64gb card.

Add Transcend to the list that doesnt work in 128gb

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine was a Transcend 128gb card... i took it back and got a 64gb card.

Add Transcend to the list that doesnt work in 128gb
Could just be bad SD cards. not enough sample size to say anything; all I know is that a few people have 128 GB cards which work, so it's not everyone.

DarkShadowSwE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have trouble with your sd card it seems to be a size limit in the dev menu.
To get around this take your 128gb sd card and have gateway install emunand.
then after that use a partition re-sizing tool to set the size of the fat32 partition to around 89 - 90gb.
Now it will work fine and you can install whatever into your sd card (you loose the 30gb in the 3ds mode but not much you can do about it until they update the tool.)

Worked with my Sandisk, thanks a lot, even tho i only get 90GB if i wanna use BBM its still better than 64, :)

Reactions: MrJason005

the MCDO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have My New3DS XL and 128gb micro sd card did every thing like before on 3dsxl and we are up and running 9.5 emunand going to load up the card with everything and see if the New3DS has the 333ish game install limit as well

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have My New3DS XL and 128gb micro sd card did every thing like before on 3dsxl and we are up and running 9.5 emunand going to load up the card with everything and see if the New3DS has the 333ish game install limit as well

So did you have a problem with your 128 card installing CIAs without resizing the partition?

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
This is an old problem.
As the above said, after emuNAND 9.4, it doesn't support >=99GB for Dev/BBM.
You SHOULD resize the partition under 99GB to make it compatible.

will67

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had the same problem. The MCDO gave the right method. I notice that on devmenu or bbm when the remaining space of the card is over 100 000 000 octets either of the 2 programs refuses to launch.
So before using on 3ds fill it with your .cia games in order to have less 90 gb free on the card. If you don't have enough .cia to go from 128 gb to 90 gb free just add dummies files movies etc to reach 90 gb free. Then install your .cia normally with bbm or devmenu and delete the dummies but always keep less than 90 gb free

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem. The MCDO gave the right method. I notice that on devmenu or bbm when the remaining space of the card is over 100 000 000 octets either of the 2 programs refuses to launch.
So before using on 3ds fill it with your .cia games in order to have less 90 gb free on the card. If you don't have enough .cia to go from 128 gb to 90 gb free just add dummies files movies etc to reach 90 gb free. Then install your .cia normally with bbm or devmenu and delete the dummies but always keep less than 90 gb free

So, since i have my 64 gb almost full anyway, I could transfer my emunand with the tool to that card and it would work?

Milpo0l

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for this solution, hoping it works, 128 GB PNY just came in the mail today and was super bummed when BBM wouldn't open. Currently adding episodes of the walking dead as dummy files

Update: SUCCESS!

Reactions: Ralph1611

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes.... it seems like having fake space taken up, or just transferring an already filled up 64 gb emunand to the 128 would do the trick.

When I made my first attempt, i had 113gb free space.

Now.....will I ever go up to 256... my whoredom knows no bounds....but I still have 50 gigs to work on....Time will tell. If more and more n3ds exclusives come out combined with cia support for those games..... well...then ill be upgrading:lol:

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
lol..my turn to have this problem

any suggestions for useful stuff to put on the sd card? I need to fill about 6G mgrgrrr

can 3ds play video files?
what are the largest 3ds games now (after BD)?

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes.... it seems like having fake space taken up, or just transferring an already filled up 64 gb emunand to the 128 would do the trick.

When I made my first attempt, i had 113gb free space.

Now.....will I ever go up to 256... my whoredom knows no bounds....but I still have 50 gigs to work on....Time will tell. If more and more n3ds exclusives come out combined with cia support for those games..... well...then ill be upgrading:lol:
I know this is a late response, but IIRC, the 3DS can only have ~333 installed titles at any time, which means >128GB SD card has no advantage. Maybe with larger games for N3DS, it won't be true anymore.

Ralph1611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is a late response, but IIRC, the 3DS can only have ~333 installed titles at any time, which means >128GB SD card has no advantage. Maybe with larger games for N3DS, it won't be true anymore.

is that so? i didnt know that. Thanks for that info....I dont think its late at all..

logg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is that so? i didnt know that. Thanks for that info....I dont think its late at all..
Yeah, I read that once somewhere a few months ago. Might not be true, it's always good to verify things yourself if it matters to you... The typical 3ds cia in my collection averages at half a gigabyte, but there are a few titles 2GB+ and lots less than half a gigabyte.

My reply came a month later, so it seemed pretty late. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: S3X