11 years of Nintendo Power magazines added to Archive.org

Nintendo-Power-logo.jpg

Nintendo Power, Nintendo of America's own inhouse magazine, which was published from 1988 to 2012, is now partly available on Archive.org. All issues from July 1988 to February 1999 have been uploaded to the site for public viewing.

:arrow: Source

EDIT: They have been since removed due to an unknown cause. Hope you got them while you could!

otenko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I was looking for a specific issue of Nintendo Power tonight, however I couldn't find it anywhere else on the Internet. Maybe I didn't scroll enough search pages... lol

Swiftloke

Hwaaaa!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo needs to go fuck themselves. Like, what's your deal, Nintendo? Are you all really that stupid? People spend 9 years making a fan game BECAUSE THEY LIKE YOUR STUFF, and then you TAKE IT DOWN?!? :gun:

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo needs to go fuck themselves. Like, what's your deal, Nintendo? Are you all really that stupid? People spend 9 years making a fan game BECAUSE THEY LIKE YOUR STUFF, and then you TAKE IT DOWN?!? :gun:

No, I am sure they are somewhat honoured or bemused that someone would spend the time. They are however bound by well known and well established laws to take things down. Most prominent would be trademark law and you can bet most such things are trademarked every which way. If you allow people to call their works your trademark name in the name, or use your stuff in their works, then you risk having someone say you abandoned your trademark and/or it has gone generic because you did not protect it and allowed all this to flourish. This is considered very bad by owners of trademarks (you pay a token sum to keep them and they theoretically last forever, and you to trade forever, if you want that).
There is a lesser version of this in copyright in some places, though it is far less clear cut and a lot of the time you are pretty free to ignore things or persecute selectively.
Nintendo know all it well as they had a fairly famous case to their name involved with such laws, it arguably being the thing that first put them on the map in the US. http://thegaminghistorian.com/universal-vs-nintendo-case/ Surprising to some is they were on the defensive and the one accused of some measure of wrongdoing/infringement.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily