11.5 homebrew state?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Pedri, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Pedri
    OP

Pedri Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    Spain
    I really want to get Homebrew Channel in my 3ds, but there's a problem. I'm retarded, i updated to 11.5. How do i get Homebrew Channel? If i cant, when i'll be able to install it?

PD: O2DS sorry

Last edited by Pedri, Jul 22, 2017
  2. AlexanderLS

AlexanderLS GBAtemp Regular

Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Last edited by AlexanderLS, Jul 22, 2017
  3. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    None of those are available anymore so not very useful. There's an injection method to install old hackable dsiware into new unhackable ones.

Details:
    https://3ds.guide

4. Pedri
    OP

Pedri Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    Spain
    I dont have another 3DS, and i forgot to say i have a o3DS. I want to play CIA games, but i dont know if i can do that right now. Anyways, i can hardmod my o2ds without soldering?

5. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    Pretty sure you need hardmod's for 11.5, so I'd say wait unless your pretty confident taking on the task and have proper experience
    As far as Homebrew goes to though, you can currently only access Homebrew on a new 3ds on 11.4 & above VIA an exploit. So either way if you install a hardmod anyway to access Homebrew as an entry point you still wouldn't be able to get CFW at the moment.

Not so sure. But the answer most likely is no,
    Also, the 2DS is the same as the Old 3DS just without the 3D so you'd still be running into the problem above once you hardmod it.
    (Unless there is a different way to run the exploit, without Homebrew but again, beyond me.)

6. tedmg091309131

tedmg091309131 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    You might wait for ntrboothax.

7. DKB

DKB FUCK OFF

GBAtemp Patron
    DKB is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 29, 2015
    United States
    New York City, Manhattan
    What I'm assuming is their waiting for the New 2DS XL to be released in America before releasing NTRBootHax so Nintendo won't have a hardware patch just waiting for it. . .I'm assuming? Wait until then.

8. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

GBAtemp Patron
    gamesquest1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 23, 2013
    The actual exploit is well known and documented, Nintendo have all they needed to patch it way before they ever announced the n2ds, iirc they even got certification on the "fixed" boot rom back as far back as the 2ds release, why they never actually shipped chips with the new fixed boot rom is beyond me

At this point in assuming either something went terribly wrong and ntrboothax triggers a death trap which killed the devs involved and all testers or the devs involved just decided that for whatever reason they didn't want to rush the release out....lets just start conspiracy theories and say they got paid off or some of the other usual accusations when devs delay or cancel a project....
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

Quantumcat likes this.
  9. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    So, 2DS or 3DS?
    Anyway, you need a hacked 3DS in order to hack another one on the latest firmware. There's no other way right now. You can wait for ntrboothax though.

10. Pedri
    OP

Pedri Member

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    Spain
    im so stupid. o2DS. 2DS. 2DS. 2DS.

Btw, how long i'll have to wait to have a 11.5 ntrboothax? Anyways, we dont have o11.4/5 payloads...

11. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    That's what everyone would like to know. A month ago I thought it was coming in a few days. Now I'm starting to think Normatt is another Hykem/Team Salt..... (i.e. lots of promises and hype but never release anything)

12. Doug_The_Dinosaur

Doug_The_Dinosaur Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 22, 2017
    United States
    Anyways, i can hardmod my o2ds without soldering?

well technically you only need the electronic signals to transfer so if you hold the wires in place it would work but you would probably screw yourself over pretty bad or maybe you could try super glue (I SERIOUSLY DON'T recommend trying this) but in all technicality it could work. but if your smart you'l just wait.

petethepug likes this.
  13. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    For the record, those 4 dsiware games are the old method. Nearly any dsiware game works nowadays.

Quantumcat likes this.
  14. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    No you can't hardmod without soldering.

15. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You mean I can't do a hardmod with ducktape? ;--; /s

Quantumcat likes this.
  16. petethepug

petethepug PUG

May 2, 2016
    United States
    COMPUTER
    You can also just use a hinge or a very large clamp. That's what I did with my PS3 but I ended up breaking the whole motherboard.

But i'm sure it will work with the 3DS.

PSA: I'm stupid for the most part with electronics. :P

17. Dracari

Dracari GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 5, 2009
    United States
    actually NTRBoothax wont work for the OP atleast if it ends up only AK2i only. unless its bought preflashed as he'd nee dto be able to BOOT the card to install the payload. if others that arent blocked on the last updated blacklist, that Will be compatible then yea OP will be good.