Homebrew 11.4 homebrew freezing issue. Could use a hand.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, and before anyone goes. "OMG, why the hell did you update noob!?" I have multiple cfw units, I am just currently using one New3DS on official to test userland stuff. Anyways... on 11.4 I can get into hbl using freakyhax. (Was going to use CN, but freaky still takes me right in) 3DSident seems to work fine, but emulators just lock up. I have tried mgba, a few Retroarchs, and snes9x for old 3ds. They seem to lock up with either a red or yellow screen... From poking a bit, this seems to be known? I am just curious if there is a way to use them as of yet, or if homebrew is wonky on 11.4... Or if I need to use another way in? Any help would be cool.

EDIT: I set up CN to get in. Same issues... gets me into the HBL, but emulators just freeze.

Last edited by GreatCrippler,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there, and before anyone goes. "OMG, why the hell did you update noob!?" I have multiple cfw units, I am just currently using one New3DS on official to test userland stuff. Anyways... on 11.4 I can get into hbl using freakyhax. (Was going to use CN, but freaky still takes me right in) 3DSident seems to work fine, but emulators just lock up. I have tried mgba, a few Retroarchs, and snes9x for old 3ds. They seem to lock up with either a red or yellow screen... From poking a bit, this seems to be known? I am just curious if there is a way to use them as of yet, or if homebrew is wonky on 11.4... Or if I need to use another way in? Any help would be cool.

EDIT: I set up CN to get in. Same issues... gets me into the HBL, but emulators just freeze.
Wanna try doodlehax too just in case?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Giodude Same thing. I can get into HBL no worries with doodle, and some homebrew opens fine, but mGBA for example... Red Screen on the bottom, and distortion on a black screen on top with lockup.
I think they might just be broken. Ive been hearing reports of some games and emulators being broken, though applications work fine.

Reactions: GreatCrippler

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-