astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Testing right now.

Modded console: 11.1.0.34 - al9h + Luma3DS - has the hacked Fieldrunners save on it.
Target console: 11.1.0.34 U

Notes: Tested the target console with the updated OoT3D Hax, and it gets into Homebrew Launcher fine. Doesn't run OoT3DHax installer although - the bottom screen freezes on the yellow portion.

** OoT3DHax was installed with an A9LH + Luma3DS system on 11.0 - had to manually select the higher version - New 11.1.0.34 USA

DSiWare Downgrade Test:
1) Updated both consoles to 11.1
2) System Transfer as normal. Moved DSiWare to the microSD card. Completed system transfer with the source SD card.
3) Threw the dgtool stuff onto the card for 11.1
4) Dumped the original firmware for the stock system using dgTool + Fieldrunners
5) Downgraded nfirm.
6) Put Decrypt9 and sysupdater on the sd card. Put the 9.2 update folder/cias on the card.
7) Used the modified OoT3DHax to get back into homebrew launcher.
8) Ran sysupdater - that gave me an am:u error, and then I went into PlaiSysupdater to downgrade. Downgrade finished with nary a problem.
9) Reboot into 9.2 firmware.

Update: The HBL OoTHax3D server seems to be down - maybe updating for the new version? Was going to make Powersave versions for people.

Last edited by astrangeone,

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hello everyone. I'm new to the 3ds hacking scene, and I need help. I updated to 11.1.0.34 (missclick, bruh). I saw that the payload has been updated, but how do I replace it manually ?
I'm using v*hax
Thanks !
How can anyone missclick an update?just curious how can it be achieved by accident in order to avoid it

Reactions: civickm

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can anyone missclick an update?just curious how can it be achieved by accident in order to avoid it
You can't? I mean in order to update you have to click "A" in a VERY obvious popup window when you boot your DS. The dumbest thing you can do when avoiding an update is to randomly hit "A" during startup.... So if you're one of those types of people that hit "X" (I play PSX a lot) while loading then....STOP.

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
You can't? I mean in order to update you have to click "A" in a VERY obvious popup window when you boot your DS. The dumbest thing you can do when avoiding an update is to randomly hit "A" during startup.... So if you're one of those types of people that hit "X" (I play PSX a lot) while loading then....STOP.
It wasn't me lol I was just curious because one person here "missclicked" and updated.look at my whole post

Hyoretsu

Itosugi Masahiro's Loyal Reader
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes a9lh can simply use the updated payload to launch the homebrew launcher cia.

So no matter what update comes out, a9lh user will always have access to homebrew and all kernel exploits once available (Of course, as long as they have the payload)? Also, do Gateway always works on the latest version if using a9lh (of course, with updated payloads)?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It wasn't me lol I was just curious because one person here "missclicked" and updated.look at my whole post
I know I was just saying in general there really is no such thing as an accidental update. People just use words like "missclick" and "my kid did it" to circumvent their own stupidity, which I personally find hilarious. :D

gordon elcock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get anything anymore i get back my n3ds xl Friday from Nintendo (repairs). What I don't get is after you dsiware downgrade aren't you already on 10.4 or am I wrong

Loko4

Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil
Testing right now.

Modded console: 11.1.0.34 - al9h + Luma3DS - has the hacked Fieldrunners save on it.
Target console: 11.1.0.34 U

Notes: Tested the target console with the updated OoT3D Hax, and it gets into Homebrew Launcher fine. Doesn't run OoT3DHax installer although - the bottom screen freezes on the yellow portion.

** OoT3DHax was installed with an A9LH + Luma3DS system on 11.0 - had to manually select the higher version - New 11.1.0.34 USA

DSiWare Downgrade Test:
1) Updated both consoles to 11.1
2) System Transfer as normal. Moved DSiWare to the microSD card. Completed system transfer with the source SD card.
3) Threw the dgtool stuff onto the card for 11.1
4) Dumped the original firmware for the stock system using dgTool + Fieldrunners
5) Downgraded nfirm.
6) Put Decrypt9 and sysupdater on the sd card. Put the 9.2 update folder/cias on the card.
7) Used the modified OoT3DHax to get back into homebrew launcher.
8) Ran sysupdater - that gave me an am:u error, and then I went into PlaiSysupdater to downgrade. Downgrade finished with nary a problem.
9) Reboot into 9.2 firmware.

Update: The HBL OoTHax3D server seems to be down - maybe updating for the new version? Was going to make Powersave versions for people.

What do you mean by "had to manually select the higher version - New 11.1.0.34 USA"

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get anything anymore i get back my n3ds xl Friday from Nintendo (repairs). What I don't get is after you dsiware downgrade aren't you already on 10.4 or am I wrong

It's a hybrid firmware. The Fieldrunners/DSiWare writes to the section that prevents downgrading by comparing system titles. Technically it's 11.1/10.4 firmware.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What do you mean by "had to manually select the higher version - New 11.1.0.34 USA"

You know how the menu pops up with 11.0.0.33 X already selected? I had to use the arrow keys to select 11.1.0.34 X and press A.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
yesterday I've meet two guys for street/home pass
there was a N3dsxl with luma and two non hacked and updated o3DSand n3DSxL.
the o3ds and N3ds(luma)got each other street pass and homepass as well
the other haven't made the street pass with the hacked (not sure with the o3ds) also can't get the homepass

Not sure if this an issue :v

gordon elcock

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a hybrid firmware. The Fieldrunners/DSiWare writes to the section that prevents downgrading by comparing system titles. Technically it's 11.1/10.4 firmware.

You know how the menu pops up with 11.0.0.33 X already selected? I had to use the arrow keys to select 11.1.0.34 X and press A.
Ok so I can't use browserhax right ? Wat options are open to me via sky3ds

Latyana

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so the 11.0 firmware can still hack?? im just wanting to be sure here. cuz 66 pages worth of stuff to read is alot lol.

mariosmentor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, tried backing up my CTRNAND, but Decrypt9 won't work for me. I ended up dumping my Alpha Sapphire ROM by accident. I'm clueless as to what's going on, so maybe I'll just update........

Loko4

Trophies
Website
www.loko4.com
XP
Country
Brazil

It is weird, I did the same procedure using a old 3ds arm9+luma 11.1 and select 11.1.0.34 in oothax. However I cant acess the HBL after downgraded with DSI. It give a error before start HBL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had that i don't think