Hacking 11.1.0-34 firmware update out

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
No. Nintendo may find a way of breaking A9LH. It's good to be cautious.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000x using Tapatalk
theres no way to break it really a9lh has controll of the system the worst they can do is make their update not work with a9lh which will cause 3ds to brick but you can just restore your nand backup and your fine

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
theres no way to break it really a9lh has controll of the system the worst they can do is make their update not work with a9lh which will cause 3ds to brick but you can just restore your nand backup and your fine
Wrong. These are called "hacks" for a reason. In programming, in logic, there's always a way of circumventing protection measures. The more complex a system is, the more likely it is to have flaws. Don't assume A9LH not to have vulnerabilities.
If someone broke the security of the 3DZ once, surely the ones with the actual source code of the 3DS' firmware can break A9LH's.

It's dangerous to make assumptions such as "A9LH is invulnerable".

Last edited by gnmmarechal,
Reactions: civickm

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Wrong. These are called "hacks" for a reason. In programming, in logic, there's always a way of circumventing protection measures. Don't assume A9LH not to have vulnerabilities.
If someone broke the security of the 3DZ once, surely the ones with the actual source code of the 3DS' firmware can break A9LH's.

It's dangerous to make assumptions such as "A9LH is invulnerable".

it has firm 0 overwrite protection so if a new update trys to over right that it won't work meaning a9lh will still work and you can unbrick if that bricked your system and nintedo are only trying to stop exploits on the newest version and a9lh uses old system versions to install but it lets you update with out losing the hacks

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
it has firm 0 overwrite protection so if a new update trys to over right that it won't work meaning a9lh will still work and you can unbrick if that bricked your system and nintedo are only trying to stop exploits on the newest version and a9lh uses old system versions to install but it lets you update with out losing the hacks
AGAIN: Do not assume a system to be invulnerable.

Reactions: civickm

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
it has firm 0 overwrite protection so if a new update trys to over right that it won't work meaning a9lh will still work and you can unbrick if that bricked your system

You don't understand the logic behind it all. Just because we currently have firm protection, does not mean a9lh is bullet proof.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
While patching A9LH is very unlikely, the basic point of assuming nothing and checking before updating remains the most sensible option. Just check before you update, just in case.

Reactions: gnmmarechal

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
its not like they will patch a9lh because they have not done it in the past and are only going for exploits on lasted firmware a9lh isn't an exploit because its like frankin firmware where the firm is modded so old exploits can work on newer firmwares.

stzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
While patching A9LH is very unlikely, the basic point of assuming nothing and checking before updating remains the most sensible option. Just check before you update, just in case.

Just "checking before I update" :P

I'm on a n3DS on 11.0 with A9LH installed. Can I update to 11.1?

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
well if you have a 3ds on 10.7 or less it would be better to down grade and get permanent homebrew access and kernel access thats why i did it when downgrading was first a thing on newer firmwares

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
Just "checking before I update" [emoji14]

I'm on a n3DS on 11.0 with A9LH installed. Can I update to 11.1?
Are you on a CFW with FIRM protection, or, if you can disable it, is it enabled?

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm not sure what FIRM protection is :s But yeah I'm running Luma.
Luma doesn't allow you to disable it, so you're good. You can update I guess.

stzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Perfect thank you guys. Another quick question:

Can I just update the NAND that I boot into? I'm booting into the one I can instal free games on and shit. Or do I need to boot another NAND and update THAT one or something? Sorry for the noobiest posts ever just really don't want to brick.

Last edited by stzy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone