Hacking 1000 ways to brick your 3DS

Have you bricked your 3DS at least once?

• Yes

Votes: 43 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 223 79.6%
  • LEL I don't know what a brick is.

Votes: 14 5.0%

• Total voters

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
You can softbrick a 2ds dowgrading mset below 6.x as mset 4.x doesn't recognize the system as 2ds but o3ds. After a system format during the initial setup mset asks for setting the 3d slider. No 3d slider on 2ds and you cannot skip it. only way out is hardmod.

Last edited by Urbanshadow,

sirocyl

Are we Geniuses or what?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can softbrick a 2ds dowgrading mset below 6.x as mset 4.x doesn't recognize the system as 2ds but o3ds. After a system format during the initial setup mset asks for setting the 3d slider. No 3d slider on 2ds and you cannot skip it. only way out is hardmod.
If you boot into recovery/safe mode by pressing U+L+R+A while powering on the system, you should be able to safely update mset and restore functionality, albeit at the cost of homebrew, CFW, etc. You will then have to use an exploit to either downgrade for CFW and kernel-mode stuff, or run user-land homebrew as is.

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
If you boot into recovery/safe mode by pressing U+L+R+A while powering on the system, you should be able to safely update mset and restore functionality, albeit at the cost of homebrew, CFW, etc. You will then have to use an exploit to either downgrade for CFW and kernel-mode stuff, or run user-land homebrew as is.

Until 10.4 update atleast you should be able to do this.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I just bricked my N3DS while on A9LH a while ago by downgrading FIRM from 11.1 to 10.4 using DSiWare. Hardmod is the only way to fix.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress