Hacking 10.4.0-29 flying in !!

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I wonder why everyone is so eager to update their EmuNAND, it is not like you get any new features =p
Because go nuts, only reason I can see. Mostly it's just for fun. If I clone my sdcard with USB ImageTool (http://www.alexpage.de/usb-image-tool/) I can just restore it if my Emunand doesn't work correctly. It's like nothing ever happened :D

Reactions: Ailuros27

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I read somewhere that they've made it harder to modify save data.
Does this apply to Pokémon Shuffle still? That's more or less the main reason I need Homebrew Launcher right now.

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Until they change the keys, yep. And if they change the keys in the same way as they do now, it's just a matter of Reisyukaku or someone else who has the know-how dumping them over again. If they change how they generate the keys completely though, it'd probably be another roadblock (not sure if there's really anywhere else they can hide stuff now, the OTP can be dumped whenever).
keep your voice down... they're listening.

Reactions: daxtsu

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can I buy a New 3DS with 10.3 or less and still do The Downgrade or I'm fucked?
you can still downgrade, but you only get 1 shot, if it semi brick's you will have to update to 10.4

one more cautionary tale is to be careful as 10.3 still has the browser kill code present so if you plan to use the browser exploit be quick about it afaik nintendo hasn't issued the kill code for 10.3 browsers yet, if they do you will need to use one of the other *hax entry points to downgrade

Last edited by gamesquest1,

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
you can still downgrade, but you only get 1 shot, if it semi brick's you will have to update to 10.4

one more cautionary tale is to be careful as 10.3 still has the browser kill code present so if you plan to use the browser exploit be quick about it afaik nintendo hasn't issued the kill code for 10.3 browsers yet, if they do you will need to use one of the other *hax entry points to downgrade
Can you use the HomeMenuHax just fine anyway in any time, right?
I need to buy the console on Amazon and bring it to my country, so I will have it in 1 month or less.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Can you use the HomeMenuHax just fine anyway in any time, right?
I need to buy the console on Amazon and bring it to my country, so I will have it in 1 month or less.
only if you install it, if for example your browser is locked down then you would need ninjhax/oothax to be able to install menuhax

once your downgraded though the browser kill code doesnt exist in 9.2

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Chuardo

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
only if you install it, if for example your browser is locked down then you would need ninjhax/oothax to be able to install menuhax

once your downgraded though the browser kill code doesnt exist in 9.2
If I use the TubeHax DNS the console wouldn't know that there is an Update, can I use it with the TubeHax DNS or not?
Or it's safer with an Online connection and the Recovery Mode without the DNS?
If I need to Update to 10.4 because soemthing went wrong I can just sello my console and Buy another one.
I can ask to a friend to borrow OoT since I already have a GW Card anyway

CIAwesome526

Im ugly and im proud
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

kill code? i havent heard of this one, yet. where can i learn more? :P

(BTW that gateway is still workig fine. :) )

Reactions: gamesquest1

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30