Homebrew ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (10.3 Kernel Hax PoC)

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Looking at their 3dbrew edits, I doubt they're bullshitting. And in fact, I also believe it's feasible for them to have the bootroms.
rip us, I guess
At the time arm9loaderhax is triggered, OTP should be already locked out.
However the arm9loader should be still there. This one could be a boot1, the boot0 is bootrom, and FIRM itself is boot2.
Hope they've already get the bootrom, which maybe reached with external hardware to do the fault injection, and with the NotClearRam exploit.
I only know the arm9loaderhax can be done on one console, then transport the FIRM sections and KEY section. So not that low possibility.
Still don't know how this is modified permantly. However patching the updating ability could be quite special.

Reactions: Mrrraou

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nobody has mentioned the fact that the video creator (@WulfyStylez I assume), was able to launch homebrew directly from the home screen. Which in my opinion, is awesome.

I knew the team was working on it, but I thought is was a long way off still.

What kind of mentality causes people to withhold this stuff?
What kind of mentality causes people feel they're entitled to the fruits of their labor? They're simply sharing their achievement with their followers. Whether they release it or not is entirely their prerogative.

It is KARL just renamed. I THINK it stands for something like "Simply Another Lame Title" as stated from one of the developers. Anyway, nobody should expect anything other than memchunkhax2 and downgrading anyway for the time being.
*"Something Alltogether Less Tacky"
Not 100% sure about the A, the rest are right though.
Edit: it's "Something Actually Less Tacky"

Is there ANY proof of that?
How can you be sure that video is legit? kernel9loaderhax and those addresses make no sense to me
Proof? The SALT team is made of reputable devs who actively contribute to both the Wii U and 3DS communities. @WulfyStylez (who uploaded the video) in particular has provided extensive documentation of the 3DSes inner workings for 3dbrew.

Last edited by Zidapi,

cpasjuste

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, it seems 100% legit and for sure it is. The only thing is when you have something private it should stay private. Teasing people with this is a strange acting, except if a release is planned, which could probably help developer's like me. This thread should be closed by the way.

LuigiSmash220

Private Sm4sh modder
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it seems 100% legit and for sure it is. The only thing is when you have something private it should stay private. Teasing people with this is a strange acting, except if a release is planned, which could probably help developer's like me. This thread should be closed by the way.
if this thread is closed others will open
this will keep on happening just saying

HeyItsJono

Breath of Fresh Heir
Trophies
XP
Country
Looks cool. Even if it never gets released, it's just nice to know it's possible to have 10.3 EmuNAND on N3DS. Maybe eventually someone else will figure it out and put out a public release. Until then, great job to these guys for being so far ahead of the game. That's gotta take some skill.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Looking over my stuff again, I can confirm that yellows8 has bootroms, too.
However some keys can be confirmed without the bootrom, if you know there is limited types of storage on a 3DS, and only OTP contains the console-unique when factoried. But i don't know that the external fault injection with hardware might still be applied on a 3DS and not WiiU as fail0verflow did. Well and to most pirates the current state is enough that missing bootrom and other stages.
Nobody has mentioned the fact that the video creator (@WulfyStylez I assume), was able to launch homebrew directly from the home screen. Which in my opinion, is awesome.
Really impressed. Really. Except don't know how they did, in technical way.
I knew the team was working on it, but I thought is was a long way off still.
Me too.
What kind of mentality causes people feel they're entitled to the fruits of their labor? They're simply sharing their achievement with their followers. Whether they release it or not is entirely their prerogative.
There are always such guys. Don't blame them much. They expect too many free things from others' "free" labor. But still quite pity.
*"Something Alltogether Less Tacky" Not 100% sure about the A, the rest are right though.
Picking a menu option?
Proof? The SALT team is made of reputable devs who actively contribute to both the Wii U and 3DS communities. @WulfyStylez (who uploaded the video) in particular has provided extensive documentation of the 3DSes inner workings for 3dbrew.
Yeah. So even i can fake the "up-to-date" and Console Version easily, i do believe they have done that. However not much for me. Except relieve me from doubting if arm9loaderhax can work.

Reactions: kiwiis

Ptrk25

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
8vMVjy7.jpg

Downgrading from 10.3 to 92. now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Gt2ToRSjQA