1.4J blocks ak2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Another World, Jul 30, 2009.

Jul 30, 2009

1.4J blocks ak2i by Another World at 7:31 AM (15,353 Views / 0 Likes) 91 replies

1. Another World
    OP

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    thought i would help out the ak2i users. the 1.4j firmware blocks the 'i' linker exploit.

goodnight.

-another world

2. dinofan01

Member dinofan01 Misses the old days...

United States
    Oww. That sucks.

3. jackdanielchan

Member jackdanielchan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Any news on a bootloader?

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Another reason I want to get a better flashcart like the CycloDSi, or maybe an M3i Zero.

Although team acekard did release a language fixer patch for the AK2i already, they may be able to fix this too.

5. Amer

Newcomer Amer Member

Russia
    I wonder if anyone tried other fc? like scdsonei or m3izero...
    Well, it's a pity, i hope we'll get an update on that.

6. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    ak2i and ezflash will be hard to fix if you only have a dsi...

7. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
  8. Amer

Newcomer Amer Member

Russia
    It's out in all the Europe as well. Blocks ALL flashcarts, the main exploit, i guess.

9. jeffro

Newcomer jeffro Advanced Member

Netherlands
    It won't be that hard to fix. The flashcarts still acts as a normal game in a way. They probably blocked names or typical signatures.

10. afro193

Newcomer afro193 Member

United States
    guys its really simple, just dont update your dsi firmware until a fix is released. this may mean buying another flash cart if the exploit was really fixed. the DSi shop is pretty meager right now anyway.

11. ACWWFAN

Member ACWWFAN HERP DERP

United States
    yah lol i laugh at the guys who updated and are like oh noes my ak2i aint working XD.

12. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    is that in any way like how i laugh at everyone who has a dsi and an "i" linker cart that they use to play roms/homebrew in DS-only mode?

-another world

13. dib

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    I laugh at everybody that bought a DSi. It's a stupidly useless device and people were warned before it even launched that Nintendo would have the ability to start updating firmware. If you bought one of those and went straight out to get a flash cart for it, you just enlisted in the arms race between piracy and first party control so don't cry every time they take the lead.

14. Another World
    OP

Colombia
    yea i saved some money and picked up a dingoo. =) homebrew/emu support right out of the box.

-another world

15. dib

United States
    The emulators on those seem really crappy. Isn't it all chinese homebrew that only half works and lacks polish as well as under featured? I heard the SNES doesn't even work well. Let me know how it works after you get the chance to try everything.

It's got a nice price point, but I'll advocate the PSP any day as the emulation device of choice. I even played the first level of Starfox 64 the other day, which worked great--albeit without sound--and only some minor texture glitching on the ground surface.

16. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    And I laugh at everyone who says the DSi isn't worth it. I myself PREFER the DSi over the DSLite. And yes, Nintendo DOES have the ability to update firmware. But...oh...lookie here...It's not mandatory. And those using flashcards probably don't even NEED anything from the DSiShop. And about it being a "stupidly useless device", that's also saying the Nintendo DS and the Nintendo DS Lite are "stupidly useless device"s too, since all they play the same type of games. [​IMG];;;

17. Placeholder

Member Placeholder GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I own all three types of DS. I can say that, after using a DSi I would not consider going back to a Lite. They seem so much more up to date and "final" than a DS Lite/Phat.

Anyone that laughs at me for having a DSi has never used one. They're much nicer.

The cameras I find have a good use. Mugshots. If someone is annoying them, take thier picture. Now after the update, I can even upload it to facebook for all to see. Quite a threat, it's got me out of some bad situations at school. [​IMG]

18. Plague_Host_Extr

Newcomer Plague_Host_Extr Member

United States
    What makes it stupidly useless? The fact you can't afford it? I'm actually glad I bought my DSi. I've used it WAY more than I ever used my Lite. As for Flashcart users, who cares if all of them are currently useless? Most users of flashcarts only care about getting games for free. Homebrew isn't even that active for people to be using them for homebrew, as well as, obviously, Nintendo is doing a hell of a job keeping people from hacking the firmware. and I can garenty as soon as we find a way to make homebrew on it, Nintendo will change the firmware again, rendering that method of homebrew utterly useless.

You guys need to stop bashing on the pirates and call them stupid for buying a flashcart because, when new DSLs were released, the same thing started happening, such as passme's become unusable. Exact same situation.

Personally, I'm glad Nintendo is taking a stand against the pirating market, though I find it absurd that they're so against homebrew just because they don't get cash from it.

19. dib

United States
    Ha ha. Thanks, you guys always crack me up.

20. GreatZimkogway

Member GreatZimkogway Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I smell an arrogant ass who thinks his word is law.