Hacking 1.4J blocks ak2i

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SPH73 said:
gamekool said:
unstable...this way of hacking is just a partly hack,a rush work to attract ppl...
acekard team have also already known how to hack the card..but they have bigger problem...cause for now they can not find the right chip..

sounds like bullshit
Unfortunitly... it does...
hate2.gif

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
gamekool said:
unstable...this way of hacking is just a partly hack,a rush work to attract ppl...
acekard team have also already known how to hack the card..but they have bigger problem...cause for now they can not find the right chip..
it's nothing to do with the chip, it's to do with the means of running a card on 1.4
not only are the commercial icons copyrighted code (making flashcarts even more of a grey area) but having somebody else's icon looks extremely unprofessional and reflects badly on them as flashcart developers

Quick-zeno

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For the last time people.

They would using that rom header and crap as a hostage.

Nintendo would try to block the card, but block the game as well!

gamekool

Trophies
Website
www.gamekool.com
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
gamekool said:
How do you know that?

it's just need a phone call to confirm

gamekool

Trophies
Website
www.gamekool.com
XP
Country
United States
mercluke said:
gamekool said:
it's nothing to do with the chip, it's to do with the means of running a card on 1.4
not only are the commercial icons copyrighted code (making flashcarts even more of a grey area) but having somebody else's icon looks extremely unprofessional and reflects badly on them as flashcart developers

we will see...
but we also got some source of rumor saying that the acekard 2i will support 1.4 this week which have NOT confirmed by the team yet..

muncle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if it's the same for everybody else, but the Acekard website is down for me.

Could it be a sign that Nintendo has shut them down? Or maybe 1.4 update is coming? Or simply just server maintenance?

I'm guessing server maintenance... oh well back to flipnotes

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
muncle said:
Not sure if it's the same for everybody else, but the Acekard website is down for me.

Could it be a sign that Nintendo has shut them down? Or maybe 1.4 update is coming? Or simply just server maintenance?

I'm guessing server maintenance... oh well back to flipnotes
site works on my end..
you need to make sure you type http://www.acekard.com not http://acekard.com

muncle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it works now. I did type in "http://www.acekard.com".

It was probably just normal server maintenance then.

ShadowPhoenix82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doyama said:
goosemang said:
Well I wouldn't worry about flash card updates not coming anytime soon as Nintendo is making a killing selling their handhelds with the promise of flashcard possibilities. Yea, they're losing some dough with the flashcard revolution, but how many people would Never have bought a DS or DSi in the first place without the possibility for homebrews? Nintendo was wise with issuing this update as it's free publicity and curiosity for their device kicking up dirt in the forums for New buyers. The big N gets a % from third party devs anyway, and for every in house title nintendo cranks out, there are 300+ half assed games which N still cashes in on. I suspect a fix for flashcards sooner than later; it's just business and nintendo will lose alot of business if flashcards are forever blocked

While I applaud the homebrew community on their efforts, to say Nintendo is making a killing on the NDS because of homebrew and flashcarts is hubris, and an ad hoc rationalization for piracy. Certainly some individuals like hacking devices for fun. Certainly being able to customize a device you own is a fun thing too. But be realistic. 99.9% of people who buy a flashcart, do so to pirate games.

One will note that you can't walk into a BestBuy, Target, Yodobashi or Bic Camera and get a flashcart. Thus one has to question how much of a value proposition Nintendo makes of these devices. You may also recall that Nintendo works with many custom agencies in an attempt to ban or arrest distributors of flashcarts. This is one of the main reasons why flashcarts now don't ship with any existing firmware. It would seem Nintendo is not concerned about 'losing' this market segment.

Oddly you make the point that Nintendo makes money off third party devs, then somehow equate the piracy of those games as a 'good' thing for them?

Now Nintendo could utilize the NDSi to promote homebrew, while stamping out the piracy flashcarts. They could provide a basic 'homebrew' sdk and make games available via the NDSi Store or via wifi downloads, similar to the XNA initiative for the XBOX360. Then you'd have the development platform for legitimate homebrew devs, while getting rid of the flashcarts that basically promote piracy. If you want homebrew on the NDS/NDSi we should be pushing for an XNA type of platform, not trying to sugar coat flashcarts into something they're not.

This...has got to be...the most intelligent and well-written argument against piracy and suggestion for resolution that I have ever read. Thank you...seriously.

chickenmatt5

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowPhoenix82 said:
doyama said:
goosemang said:
Well I wouldn't worry about flash card updates not coming anytime soon as Nintendo is making a killing selling their handhelds with the promise of flashcard possibilities. Yea, they're losing some dough with the flashcard revolution, but how many people would Never have bought a DS or DSi in the first place without the possibility for homebrews? Nintendo was wise with issuing this update as it's free publicity and curiosity for their device kicking up dirt in the forums for New buyers. The big N gets a % from third party devs anyway, and for every in house title nintendo cranks out, there are 300+ half assed games which N still cashes in on. I suspect a fix for flashcards sooner than later; it's just business and nintendo will lose alot of business if flashcards are forever blocked

While I applaud the homebrew community on their efforts, to say Nintendo is making a killing on the NDS because of homebrew and flashcarts is hubris, and an ad hoc rationalization for piracy. Certainly some individuals like hacking devices for fun. Certainly being able to customize a device you own is a fun thing too. But be realistic. 99.9% of people who buy a flashcart, do so to pirate games.

One will note that you can't walk into a BestBuy, Target, Yodobashi or Bic Camera and get a flashcart. Thus one has to question how much of a value proposition Nintendo makes of these devices. You may also recall that Nintendo works with many custom agencies in an attempt to ban or arrest distributors of flashcarts. This is one of the main reasons why flashcarts now don't ship with any existing firmware. It would seem Nintendo is not concerned about 'losing' this market segment.

Oddly you make the point that Nintendo makes money off third party devs, then somehow equate the piracy of those games as a 'good' thing for them?

Now Nintendo could utilize the NDSi to promote homebrew, while stamping out the piracy flashcarts. They could provide a basic 'homebrew' sdk and make games available via the NDSi Store or via wifi downloads, similar to the XNA initiative for the XBOX360. Then you'd have the development platform for legitimate homebrew devs, while getting rid of the flashcarts that basically promote piracy. If you want homebrew on the NDS/NDSi we should be pushing for an XNA type of platform, not trying to sugar coat flashcarts into something they're not.

This...has got to be...the most intelligent and well-written argument against piracy and suggestion for resolution that I have ever read. Thank you...seriously.
I'm with him...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again