Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
dib said:
The emulators on those seem really crappy. Isn't it all chinese homebrew that only half works and lacks polish as well as under featured? I heard the SNES doesn't even work well. Let me know how it works after you get the chance to try everything.

It's got a nice price point, but I'll advocate the PSP any day as the emulation device of choice. I even played the first level of Starfox 64 the other day, which worked great--albeit without sound--and only some minor texture glitching on the ground surface.

linux has been ported to it now so stuff is coming fast.

-another world

Plague_Host_Extr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welpers sir we are on the same page. I enjoy online arguments
biggrin.gif
A question to Another World, how is that little contraption? I was thinking of buying it. Is the community of devs good (meaning many devs)?

feds4u

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So back on topic, does the Acekard 2i have the potential to beat the latest firmware upgrade? If not now, at least at some point? Or is it one of those cards that is permanently blocked due to hardware limitations?

klopfdreh

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
QUOTE said:
So back on topic, does the Acekard 2i have the potential to beat the latest firmware upgrade? If not now, at least at some point? Or is it one of those cards that is permanently blocked due to hardware limitations?

I think we have wait a little bit and see how they react. May there will be another exploit, that can be used to run ak2i on dsi, but for now the only thing you can do is don't update and wait to see what happens.

I'm very happy with my acekard2i for now - all is working fine and I have a lot of fun running my fav homebrews on it, so no need for update!
smile.gif

dreams062

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
klopfdreh said:
QUOTE said:

I think we have wait a little bit and see how they react. May there will be another exploit, that can be used to run ak2i on dsi, but for now the only thing you can do is don't update and wait to see what happens.

I'm very happy with my acekard2i for now - all is working fine and I have a lot of fun running my fav homebrews on it, so no need for update!
smile.gif

yeah i myself just bought an acekard2i today i hopefully they well come with a update soon

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Now I got an Idea If the m3i zerio or supercard onei or acekard find a new holes and crack it then get a update out then find another hold and crack so when the dsi get a new firmware the flash cards will still have a new update to make them work on the dsi.

Beige

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
samjef11 said:
Now I got an Idea If the m3i zerio or supercard onei or acekard find a new holes and crack it then get a update out then find another hold and crack so when the dsi get a new firmware the flash cards will still have a new update to make them work on the dsi.

If only it was that easy. Why find a new two holes when they both might be patched later on? The whole reason we haven't had a number of game/firmware exploits on the Wii is because the hackers involved kept their hands hidden. If even the tiniest bit of info leaked out, we'd end up losing two loopholes at once, and that's not what we're going for.

Anyways, if updates on the DSi are like Wii updates (which probably isn't too far from the truth) the 'second bug' could be patched unintentionally.

samjef11

Trophies
XP
Country
Beige said:
samjef11 said:

If only it was that easy. Why find a new two holes when they both might be patched later on? The whole reason we haven't had a number of game/firmware exploits on the Wii is because the hackers involved kept their hands hidden. If even the tiniest bit of info leaked out, we'd end up losing two loopholes at once, and that's not what we're going for.

Anyways, if updates on the DSi are like Wii updates (which probably isn't too far from the truth) the 'second bug' could be patched unintentionally.
So why can the hackers make it like the wii on the dsi and not let anyting leak out how may loopholes are there on the dsi do you think at the moment.

Plague_Host_Extr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, hackers are cocky. They tend to be like "HEY LOOK WHAT I JUST DID! AIN'T I A JERK!
biggrin.gif
". They "accidentally" leek things themselves. So, the way I see it, the only people they need to find the exploit would be the coders as they're not doing it for personal gain. But, knowing people, they'll leek the exploit. OR, all of the Flashcarts will find different exploits (instead of sharing so that it's harder to take out multiple exploits) and completely destroy every exploit that would be possible to use. That's what I'm seeing coming from this update, anyway. Then, in the end, Cyclo will destroy the Flashcart market by releasing some godly Flashcart that can't be blocked that just entirely annihilates everything Nintendo has done so far.
smile.gif
That is our future. A most literal war between Nintendo and Cyclo.
smile.gif

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
feds4u said:

from what i have read (i might be wrong here) the ak2i has had a actual firmware update to patch the language issues so using a normal DS (DS/DSL) you could upgrade it, but it would be a lot harder to upgrade when compared to the m3i zero or scds1 especially since the m3iz and scds1 can upgrade stand alone whereas the ak2i would probably need a DS/DSL to upgrade

afro193

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
doesn't the AK2i have an updatable kernel via .nds?

1. dont update to 1.4
2. wait for kernel update (probably soon)
3. update to 1.4

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
update to what exactly? another rom for the bootloader? another rom which is probably known for its exploit and blocked in the white list? its all damn speculation which is why i didn't want to post this thread to begin with. no one knows, no one has a clue, none of you (not a single one) has the answer. yea it sucks and i get it. you bought a dsi and now you can't play your ds-only mode roms and homebrew. all you can do is sit tight. nintendo might very well win this game.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/Samsung-Galaxy-S22+,Google-Pixel-8a/phones/11762,12219...